Mult-iview Hack HELP!

Batman8

Reaction score
Can someone help me out with the Multi-view hack to add all apps?...I just used the editing method for adding all apps to the multi-view window. All the steps went fine, but now that I'm done I can't get Multi-view to work AT ALL! I enabled it, held the back button down over and over and it does absolutley NOTHING. I am on stock 4.1.1, rooted with unlocked bootloader and I have a nandroid backup that I made just before attempting this, but since everything else on my Note 2 is still working I'm waiting and hoping that someone out there knows what's going on and has a fix for it.

Here are the steps that I took:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Download modified odex file (multiwindow.zip) by hairdewx (mirror), and extract services.odex FlashBarService.odex files. After that copy both files into your device.
  2. Get file manager app that can open the system apps, such as ES File Explorer or Root Explorer that can be found on Play Store.
  3. Mount the system partition as Read/Write (R/W). Mount to R/W and Replace Files
  4. Copy and replace “FlashBarService.odex” to “/system/app” folder, as well as “services.odex” to “/system/framework” folder. If you have difficulty to replace services.odex, reboot your device. In case you experiencing bootloop after replacing services.odex, then you need to pull out and reinsert the battery, if the bootloops remains, just flash the root image with ODIN to fix it.
  5. Reboot your Galaxy Note II.
  6. Open the file manager again, delete “com.sec.android.app.FlashBarService” from “/data/data” folder, then reboot once again.
  7. (Optional) Open “/data/data” folder again, if you find the “/flashbar” folder, just delete it.
Now you should have been able to add any apps to the Multi Window bars on Verizon Galaxy Note 2, and also run two applications at the same time (MultiView). If you can’t find an edit button, it’s likely that you on 240 DPI, just switching back to 320 DPI, edit button will reappears.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it. I did all of these steps with no problems but as mentioned, now I can't get Multiview to work at all. I have tried restarting several times and also did a battery pull but no luck. Please HELP!

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Pool_Shark as well as for the link. I looked into this method but could not find anything that works on 4.1.1, also the method at your link requires a deodexed rom but I'm on a odexed rooted stock rom.

pool_shark

Reaction score
You're unlocked, why not flash a rooted stock deodexed ROM?

By the way, I use this mod on every TW ROM I flash. The all apps in multiview are just to messy for me.
This mod allows you to choose which apps go into multiview.
I rather put the 10 apps that I want in than to remove the 200 apps I don't.

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
That makes perfect sense...to only have your favorite 10 instead of trying to remove all the unwanted ones (especially since I have tons of apps). However, I have avoided custom roms for a long time now because of the bugs which are hard to troubleshoot since the rom is customized, and there are always parts/features that don't work (i.e. like no bluetooth, or no wifi, etc.).

Do you have a suggestion of a deodexed rom that's similar to stock (but with everything working)? A link to it would also be appreciated if that's not too much to ask. Thanks.

By the way, are you doing all this on 4.1.1?

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Hey Pool Shark, nevermind. I just did another factory data reset just to at least get the regular multi-view back in the mean time and once finishing the set-up wizard I tried muti-view and ALL (tons) of my apps are now in there. So to me that means either it took another re-set of the phone for it to take or I have another issue going on like a conflict with another app once all of them are reloaded. So I'm going to re-install all of my apps and see if multi-view still works.

Either way, whatever happens, "for your help."

pool_shark

Reaction score
That makes perfect sense...to only have your favorite 10 instead of trying to remove all the unwanted ones (especially since I have tons of apps). However, I have avoided custom roms for a long time now because of the bugs which are hard to troubleshoot since the rom is customized, and there are always parts/features that don't work (i.e. like no bluetooth, or no wifi, etc.).

Do you have a suggestion of a deodexed rom that's similar to stock (but with everything working)? A link to it would also be appreciated if that's not too much to ask. Thanks.

By the way, are you doing all this on 4.1.1?

Eclipse and beans are both 4.1.1 and I use the mod on both.
I have no problems on either of the ROMs either. If you make a nandroid backup of your current ROM you can always restore it if you don't like the others.

[ROM][1/19] - Stock Rooted De-Odex'ed - I605VRALL4 - Latest L4 OTA! - xda-developers

[ROM][TWRP] Stock, Root, Deodexed, insecure kernel [VRALJB] - xda-developers

Last edited:
OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
So far since that last FDR everything seems to be working, but again, thanks for the help Pool_Shark!