Much simpler guide for rooting (no pc required)

pool_shark

Reaction score
i havent tried this yet but i vote for the 1 click thing lol. mainly cuz i dont wanna mess up and brick my fone. but what terminal emulator would you suggest cuz idk where to begin when looking for one.

The place to begin looking for any app is in the market.
lol yeah i know that. Just didnt know if there was anything in particular i should look for. i found one though. still iffy on actually rooting it though. need to go over everything first to make sure i have it all.
question about the commands though: do i type them exactly as they are shown on the original post? or do i omit the first "-" from each one (not sure if that was used to show that it was a new line or something).
thanks again for the help.

The leading - is not needed.

mza929

Reaction score
wow

I did it! After a few tries... no lets see if a custom kernel will come out.

Any roms for the d2 yet?

HollidayK

Reaction score
Is there any application I can use to open the Droid2Root.rar file on my phone? AndroZip isn't doing it for me.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks, your method helped me get two phones rooted with out having to drag my heavy laptop to work. My laptop has adb set up on it. It deserved to be stuck, it is a good method that is simple and to the point. Keep up the good work.

msburr87

Reaction score
My phone refuses to recognize the rage file but then again I'm coming from the droid x... The file is on the root, it just does not recognize it. This method is my only hope due to me only having access to a mac right now.

Itype:
cp sdcard/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /tmp/

Then I get it doesnt exist Wtf

pool_shark

Reaction score
My phone refuses to recognize the rage file but then again I'm coming from the droid x... The file is on the root, it just does not recognize it. This method is my only hope due to me only having access to a mac right now.

Itype:
cp /sdcard/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /tmp/

Then I get it doesnt exist Wtf

I think you're missing the / before sdcard.

msburr87

Reaction score
Thanks guys this helped a lot, got root back. Ive done this several times so it sould have taken five minutes yet took me all day, that's why you don't do this while you working giving flu shots to *****ing people always interrupting you. Any way success none the less. Thanks

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
No problem, show others this thread when they might need it. That's so true about people bothering you at the wrong time.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Thanks guys this helped a lot, got root back. Ive done this several times so it sould have taken five minutes yet took me all day, that's why you don't do this while you working giving flu shots to *****ing people always interrupting you. Any way success none the less. Thanks

You should have told them to wait, rooting your Droid is much more important. :)