MSNBC Compares Battery Life of Current Droids

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
This implies we should all get the Charge! ;o

I wonder how much a difference the extended battery makes on the Nexus. And I am impressed with the RAZR.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whats interesting is the Rezound is better in this test too.

Moto and Samsung usually have better battery life than HTC. Moto did advertize the RAZR as having a long battery life with talk time tho.

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Extended battery $24.99 on-line @ Verizon right now.....I wonder why they put it on sale:happy3:

Ron W.

OP
rherron

rherron

Reaction score
Locked v unlocked. Look into it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

powerwagon

Reaction score
Just go the Verizon store and get it. Went last night and picked it up for $25...no hassle.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

scdown

Reaction score
Would love to know more about methodology. They've had the opportunity to have all of those other devices for some time now. the Verizon Galaxy Nexus has been out for 2 days, which isn't close to enough to calibrate the phone and battery to one another.

I also take issue with the 40% brightness setting, because it's a relative scale within the phone itself, and not an absolute brightness figure that can be compared across phones.

Perhaps they could repeat the test in a week or a month?

droid_mike

Reaction score
Something's not right... Why is the unlocked Nexus so much better? Is it the volume fixing software?

Wish I had known this before buying, though. Battery life is VERY important to me... more important than anything else. I shied away from the RAZR 'cos of the non-removable battery, but if it has the best battery life... hmmm...

Well, the good news is that the open source community is looking into the problem (confirmed at XDA developers), so there should be help on this issue, soon. It also seems to affect only a few users at the moment. The key is looking at battery use and seeing if the Android OS is using more than 20%. Many folks have had success using Juice Defender app as well.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like how there's an "unlocked Nexus" in a 4G LTE battery test, which doesn't have 4G LTE.

Test Fail.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree it might be a lil too early for battery life tests...but how is the test a fail because of the unlocked G Nex when all the rest of the phones are LTE?

I will say tho that I normally go by Anandtech battery life tests. Phone Arena at times too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums