1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

MSN not signing in

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by yellan, Nov 30, 2010.

1. yellan

yellan New Member

Every time I try to logon to MSN by any program (Ebuddy, msntalk, msn droid) I get the same error explaining "Failed to synchronize your contact list" or "You cannot sign in because you're contact list is currently unavailable."

I have just loaded Fission Vanilla 2.2.1 on to it, and I will also post there, but I'm curious as to why I get this. Oddly enough, when I try to sign into yahoo accounts on ebuddy, they work fine. It's only MSN.
  2. mewshi

mewshi New Member

This is most likely related to a similar error on pidgin on desktop computers. More or less, there's an error in the certificate chain that prevents the contact list from syncing.

Sorry, I don't have any ideas on fixing other than keep trying, because that sometimes works...
  3. yellan

yellan New Member

I've been trying for a while now, but this problem spawned when I loaded up the custom ROM. I need MSN above all else, and unless I can get a fix to this, ill be reloading the old image.

Oh, and, I have tested this on 4 different MSN accounts, 2 of which were never before signed into msn on my droid in case it had to do with wiping the cache. And logging on to the computer works perfectly fine.
  4. mewshi

mewshi New Member

What MSN client are you using on your PC? That may explain why it's getting fixed.

EDIT:
    What date did you install the custom ROM?
  5. yellan

yellan New Member

Windows Live Messenger on my computer... and I just installed the ROM today. That's why I'm posting the problem today o.0
  6. mewshi

mewshi New Member

I think that the official Win Live client has just been ignoring these certificate errors, or they have some way of getting around them...

Try using pidgin, just to satisfy my curiosity. I want to see if you have the same problems.
Search tags for this page
android failed to synchronise your contacts list for msn tal
failed to synchronize your contact list

failed to synchronize your contacts list for msn talk techni

failed to synchronize your contacts list for msn talk's tech

how do i sign up in msn talk pro
msn droid failed to sign in

msn talk failed to synchronize your contacts

msn talk pro sign problem
msn talk pro sign up
msn talk pro sinup

msn talk sign up