MSN not signing in

yellan

Reaction score
Every time I try to logon to MSN by any program (Ebuddy, msntalk, msn droid) I get the same error explaining "Failed to synchronize your contact list" or "You cannot sign in because you're contact list is currently unavailable."

I have just loaded Fission Vanilla 2.2.1 on to it, and I will also post there, but I'm curious as to why I get this. Oddly enough, when I try to sign into yahoo accounts on ebuddy, they work fine. It's only MSN.

mewshi

Reaction score
This is most likely related to a similar error on pidgin on desktop computers. More or less, there's an error in the certificate chain that prevents the contact list from syncing.

Sorry, I don't have any ideas on fixing other than keep trying, because that sometimes works...

OP
Y

yellan

Reaction score
I've been trying for a while now, but this problem spawned when I loaded up the custom ROM. I need MSN above all else, and unless I can get a fix to this, ill be reloading the old image.

Oh, and, I have tested this on 4 different MSN accounts, 2 of which were never before signed into msn on my droid in case it had to do with wiping the cache. And logging on to the computer works perfectly fine.

mewshi

Reaction score
What MSN client are you using on your PC? That may explain why it's getting fixed.

EDIT:
What date did you install the custom ROM?

OP
Y

yellan

Reaction score
Windows Live Messenger on my computer... and I just installed the ROM today. That's why I'm posting the problem today o.0

mewshi

Reaction score
I think that the official Win Live client has just been ignoring these certificate errors, or they have some way of getting around them...

Try using pidgin, just to satisfy my curiosity. I want to see if you have the same problems.