MS Zune Phone will debut in MWC (2 weeks!)

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by wuyanks, Feb 1, 2010.

1. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

Zune Phone to Debut at MWC, Will Use Nvidia Tegra - zune phone - Gizmodo

[​IMG]

this is going to be very interesting. the Zune is widely accepted as one of the best multimedia handheld devices available, and combining it with a phone experience could make this a gamechanger for Microsoft. what carrier will get this? (t-mobile? lol)
  2. funkdoctor

funkdoctor New Member

Don't consider this rude, because I don't mean it to be - but is the Zune really considrred the best? Nobody really has any. I bought a Zune 30 and a 80 when they came out and during the time I had it I never saw anyone else with one, and I live in a major city. The best buy next to me still has the same lonely Zune HD (only one). Basically if its regarded as the best, why don't these people buy them? The Zune was pretty nice though, but I'm not sure enough people even know of its existance to say that its anything but widely ignored...
  3. ricepuddin

ricepuddin New Member

Because it dosn't have a Apple logo on it..... I have 2 an 80G and a 8G (for running) and my 80G has lasted through some abuse that my iPod just couldn't hang with. In my personal opinion the Zune> iPod.

Op: It was put out by MS not to long ago that (IIRC) there would be no Zphone, that MS would focus on WinMo7 and Zune software support for mobile devices (how i would love to use my Zune Pass with my droid).

However maybe they changed their minds, and decided to push it through. as cool as it would be i hope i doesn't happen, i want Zune on my Droid :mad:
  4. wuyanks

funkdoctor: i never said it was popular, but it is critically acclaimed. it gets rave reviews from all the tech sites...

if i didn't get an ipod touch "free" back in the day, i probably would've made the plunge for a Zune HD
  5. wuyanks

the Zune phone is 100% confirmed now... no specs released yet tho
  6. ricepuddin

ricepuddin New Member

Guess i should have read the articale:icon_ poke:
  7. 640k

640k Active Member

for as long as MS has delayed WinMo7, I'm really surprised to see this announcement. i think the Zune's interface is terribly ugly and when they implemented a "similar" interface with WinMo6.5, I was immed. turned off.
  8. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To little to late... I've been waiting for this since I got my first Zune and the "Zune phone" rumors first started.... oh well. Maybe when I'm so for an upgrade.

640K it's says in the article that it's NOT a "zune with a phone attached" but a WM7 phone with the Zune software. That has been their focus for a while (since they scrapped WM7 for the intermediate 6.5 release). Also note there appears to be 3 phones already supported (well, being programed for).

No note on carrier(s) THAT will be interesting. And I agree with the comment above about abuse. I have been amazed at how much abuse my Zunes have taken with little to no signs of wear.
  9. funkdoctor

funkdoctor New Member

No biggie, but I took the term "widely considered" to mean that a large amount of people felt this way. It's sort of like if I told you that my friend's band was widely considered "the greatest band ever" - but nobody has ever heard of 'em. Regardless, I kind of gave up on the Zune because it seems like Microsoft s has never given it any sort of push. They seem to think the Zune is going to sell itself - it's obviously not. Most of the population doesn't know what a Zune is. But if this phone makes them put some actual muscle behind it, then good. I considered my Zune to be superior to my iPod.
  10. wuyanks

11. DylC32A

DylC32A New Member

Should be interesting. I love my Zune 80. In comparison tests with a comparable iPod classic, the Zune really holds its own. It's too bad more people don't know about it, but hopefully the Zune Phone makes the Zune name more recognizable.
  12. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

I would be highly surprised if there is no multitasking... seeing that these are Win7 phones and will have more than enough hardware power to run multitasks that just doesn't seem legit... as for the no flash that's no surprise but no big deal either. The Skyfire browser is AMAZING and supports flash (really wish Skyfire would come over to Android).
  13. xtremecanefan

xtremecanefan New Member

I love my Zune HD but I love my Droid a lot more. I honestly have no problem carrying them both around with me if I have to. Never really listened to music on and of my phones until the Droid with Last.fm.
  14. cuskit

cuskit New Member

KZ1Warrior: Off topic - but I just wanted to say your Signature is the most awesome I've seen to date! Did you create that yourself? mike
  15. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Thanks, LOT of people LOVE it. It's just a trimmed version of a image that someone posted in the Gallery...

:mad::frown: It will be coming off shortly (though not through my own volition)... one of the Moderators has asked me to remove it because it (I'm paraphrasing) 'the 'b-word' is possibly offensive....' lol, maybe I can start a petition:icon_ banana: