MS Exchange - Inbox won't open but all other folders will

liquidrage

Reaction score
Inbox just gives a "Unable to open connection to server." error every time. But all other subfolders open fine. I can send mail fine. So I know the settings are right. But I can't get my actual inbox (where 90% of my mail is) to open.

TIA...

OP
L

liquidrage

Reaction score
If anyone has a similar issue I was able to fix it. The issue turned out to be the size of my inbox. I had approx 56,000 emails in my inbox (that might seem absurd to some, but it is what it is and I need most of those). My old storm and iPhone was able to connect to it, but the Droid had issues apparently.
Taking the inbox down to approx 4,000 emails did the trick. And the rest of my emails are now in a new folder that the droid can't open, but at least my inbox is working now.

easyrun99

Reaction score
Makes some sense. I'm having the same issue. The Droid was able to sync all my folders and contacts, but I'm not receiving emails; I can send them, but not receive them. I'm currently paring down from 12,000 emails in my inbox. I'll let you know if this works.

Probably the reason the iPhone limits it's synching to 100 emails or so, while it appears the Droid is trying to download all 12,000 emails and it's simply timing out. We shall see...

Kyonz

Reaction score
I know this is digging an old post but just wanted to give thanks to liquidrage, my HTC magic (cm mod - android 2.1) wasn't syncing my exchange inbox due to having me setting its sync value to 3 days as opposed to 1. Set it to 1 and it synced straight away.

Anyways, thanks heaps liquidrage.