Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
from a creative pov, if your name is going to be mrapplebasher, you should set up an apple and
sledgehammer it a la gallagher before every video. of course, that may increase the budget... new coffee table? cleanup? apples? i dunno. just a thought. good luck

lol thats what I thought I was gonna see in the video.. had my smock and safety glasses on too.. :/

OP
M

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
my next video is actually edited and really good, currently in the process of cutting and mixing everything together i'll post it when its done
ok guys just finished editing and posting it on youtube now, let me know

OP
M

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
its done!
check it out i feel like i did a good job on this one
[video=youtube;9nnAfYFZiKs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nnAfYFZiKs]YouTube - Can your phone on your network do that? Why yes, it can[/video]

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Is it more or is the sound out of sync with the video itself?

Edit is bad =\ When you have the video clearly cut to Google earth when you are attempting to demonstrate something it looks bad.

I have to second making a script to follow and don't attempt to launch an app while the phone isn't facing you, when it fails it looks a tad silly, hehe.

9 minutes is too long, 5 minutes is too long, 4 minutes still might be too long. I would suggest keeping the video lengths to 2:30 or so, it helps to keep your audience interested.

Good effort so far. Keep it up.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I am now blind, ty. Dude.. I can understand your frustration with the apple commercials, but what you said in that video could have been summed up in less then a minute, and everytime I thought you were about to sum it up, then came the "Another thing..." Its like the energizer rabbit, it just keeps going and going..

Make them shorter, to the point.. the cut ins were nice..but still to long

And if your gonna 'bash' apple, try doing it with a more thought out approach, then just saying what it can and can not do..I remember an ad for apple back in the 90s in a magazine, which I think was great.. and clever.. the ad was spread out over 5 pages..so everytime you turned a page you say the next part of the ad, page one would be lile, "Windows can let you access programs right from your desktop" then next page just had a picture of a mac and said, "Imagine that" then next page would be something that windows could do, followed by the next page being the same, pic of a mac, saying "Imagine that" ..basically, it was showing all these things windows could do that mac could do all along..I had a mac back then..loved the ad..

Rich

OP
M

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
lol im getting closer though right, thanks guys i'll take your ideas and criticisms to heart and hopefully i'll get it next video, if you guys have any news or suggestions about things that i can cover let me know by sending me an email at [email protected] i'll probably finish the next video by tonight and hopefully get it right then

OP
M

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
lol thanks guys i feel like im getting closer and closer. THe video that i feel like will get it doen will be done soon, if you have tips or info on things that i can cover send me an email at [email protected]. Thanks for the help guys will post when done.

cuskit

Reaction score
Okay - I'll jump in here. Honest opinions? Sure!

1. I fell asleep halfway thru the first one. (-)
2. I got a headache from banging my head so much (wait - that was you). (-)
3. Waving the phone in front of the camera? Out of focus - can't see what you are emphasizing. (-)
4. You say "umm" WAY TOO OFTEN.. ;) (-)
5. We knock you down - you come back swinging! (+)
6. You've got charisma (+)
7. Maybe two cameras - one on you, one on the Droid screen - flash from one to the other (neutral)
8. Content is good (+)
9. You have me wanting to see more! (+)
10. You have a Droid! (+)

Totals:
(-) - 4
(+) - 5

That puts your good points ahead of the bad. Go for it! I say you've got a career ahead of you. Some may try to knock you down here, but you keep on doing what you do! I like it! I'm thinking by the time you reach video 25 or so - Steven Spielburg might be calling you.. :) mike

OP
M

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
thank you i really appreciate that comment, it makes me even more determined to get this next video right, and to pursue it

cuskit

Reaction score
thank you i really appreciate that comment, it makes me even more determined to get this next video right, and to pursue it
Okay - but just remember - this is not a race. You DO have the time to move slowly and preview it thoroughly and edit, edit, edit and then edit it. Ever see a real movie on the big screen? Think they shot that first take? No way - some scenes were shot maybe a hundred times or more. We only see the final - take that hint.. ;)

Can't wait for the next one! I'm gonna call you Spunky the Applebasher! :) And I'm adding this thread to my Favorites as a "Must See"! :) mike

OP
M

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
writing the script for the next video now, gonna be on why the Archos tablet is going to destroy the Ipad. Is gonna be good

OP
M

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
Update: Its done, the most recent video is done and finished, i think this is by far the best one yet, so let me guys know and give me a bunch of feeback, also make sure to watch the video lol.
[video=youtube;mFqwkGMtQBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFqwkGMtQBE]YouTube - Android vs Apple: Tablet Edition[/video]

OP
M

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
:motdroidhoriz:im taking suggestions for the next vid btw just post a response here I was hopin g I could get some feedback on the most recent video

OP
M

Mr.Waters

Reaction score
[video=youtube;YUHBsRl0zN8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUHBsRl0zN8]YouTube - Latest News on the HTC Apple Lawsuit[/video]
here is my newest video in the HTC Apple case