.mpg wont play?

the5barrons

Reaction score
Truthfully, I haven't played much of anything other than flash and youtube vids through my DX so far. I have been dicking around with Dropbox...which I find really intriquing btw...so cool and easy. Well, I moved a short .mpg to a folder in dropbox and it showed up immediately. Clicked on it through my phone and it did the quick download to the phone, asked me what I would like to use to watch it, Mixzing or the stock player...I chose stock. Got the "file cannot be displayed or played" failure. So I chose Mixzing instead. Got the same failure.

So...is .mpg a bad format? I rebooted, same thing.

Ideas?

***edit, it wont play WMV either***

Hmmmm...

Last edited:
OP
the5barrons

the5barrons

Reaction score
Alas, I believe I have stumped the masses on this. I downloaded a mVideo player as a substitute...which actually is a nice player...simple.

I pulled down a pretty sizeable WMV, and instead of letting the DX auto-default to mixzing for playing the file, I went through Root Explorer and pulled the WMV out of the Dropbox folder I made. I put into a separate folder (which I didn't really have to do). Either way, mVideo played it just fine.

Update...Turns out it doesn't matter, cause Mixzing, mVideo, and the stock video player can play the file just fine. Not sure why the vid wont play right off the Dropbox folder though.

Maybe it's a "time" thing...like download time...

OP
the5barrons

the5barrons

Reaction score
Check this out. Seems like none of these files...the ones with like a sheriff badge on it are allowed to be played. I am not allowed to change the user permission in root explorer. The wmv I had success with doesn't have that star badge. Hmmm.
62b7d5b1-f2ec-5e3e.jpg

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp