MPEG4s working in BB .4??

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by MagicMiloX, Jun 30, 2010.

1. MagicMiloX

MagicMiloX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been reading in the threads and came across a couple of random posts about movie files not working in 2.2 froyo roms. I've seen those posts, but can anyone confirm this video type working in BB 0.4? Love BB so much I might just have to bite the bullet either way:)

2. MagicMiloX

MagicMiloX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    as if there were any question...

All videos I have run great, big ups to Pete, this ROM is rock solid.

3. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    All my videos work fine.
    Including .avi files with the new RockPlayer.

4. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +317
    even mp4s?

even rockplayer had trouble running mp4s off of our flip cam... they ran, but in slow motion

5. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I dunno about your flipcam vids, but the mp4s I have on my PC that I transferred to the SD card, along with the .avi's work flawlessly.
    I'm not using mp4s in Rockplayer, however, just the stock video player. But still no issues..no lag/stutter/audio problems.
    Not sure what could be the problem. :blink:

6. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +317
    mp4's (at least from the flip) didn't work in stock 2.1 vid player, so i assumed they wouldn't in 2.2... so i haven't even tried that, will try later

7. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +317
    "stock" frf84 still not playing the mp4's off the flipcam - might have to try flashing bb .4 later just to double check, but i can't imagine it would

8. MagicMiloX

MagicMiloX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know, back on Bugless Beast v1.1 I had AVIs working, but then my MPEG4's didn't. Something about the format that I had used for video was wonky, I would get sound but no vid. The developer of DVDCatalyst said that droid didn't support AVIs, and yet they worked.

All I know is I can play vids, and I'm happy:)

A question I do have is, when I play vids in BB 0.4 two options come up, one is "movies" and one is "video player" I think. As far as I can tell, the UI is the same once they pop up. Is there any difference between the two? If not, next time I'm going to choose one as the default so that it's one less click to get to video goodness.

9. stragabenz

stragabenz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also having issues playing MPEG-4 files on my droid, they worked flawlessly before. Any ideas? Should I reflash? Reinstall Gallery? I have alot of videos in that format and would like to be able to play them

10. MagicMiloX

MagicMiloX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not saying you did anything, but did this just start happening, or did you flash a new ROM or something like that? I've heard that overclocking may mess with your video playback. I've also heard that a good battery pull can help to set things right.

Out of curiousity, were your videos ripped? I changed my DVDCatalyst (ripping program) profile the to the iPod touch format and have had no problems since. When I ripped using the Droid HD profile, they played for a while, then stopped playing video and went to audio only.

Another problem I've had with gallery is files not showing up there, but still being on the SD card. Is your problem that they won't show up in Gallery, or when you open them they won't play?

11. stragabenz

stragabenz Member

Ratings:
    +0

Yes I just recently flashed over from cyangenmod 5.0.8 to BB v0.4. I have done a battery pull and no luck. They are recorded videos from my retired phone not ripped. All I see in the gallery are blank icons but no thumbnails and when I select one it says "Sorry this video cannot be play". All the files are working because I tried on my computer.

12. MagicMiloX

MagicMiloX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seriously, this is exactly what happened to me when my videos stopped playing. Are you using Pete's stock BB or a different kernel? Maybe you could take them off your SD card and put them back on and see if when your phone scans for items to put in your gallery that fixes whatever got corrupted? Good luck.