MP4 recorded on Droid 3 won't play on Droid X2

lmacmil

Reaction score
My wife has a Droid 3 running stock Android 2.3.4. My X2 is running stock 2.3.5. She recently recorded a couple videos that I wanted on my phone. I copied them to my PC (where they play fine with Windows media player) and then copied them to my X2. They won't play. I get a message saying "this file cannot be displayed" or something like that. I have a couple videos I have taken with my phone that play just fine.

Any idea why an .mp4 created on a Droid 3 will not play on a Droid X2? Or what I can do to get them to play on the X2?

======================
I downloaded MX Player and that works. Problem solved.

wcjeep

Reaction score
The Droid X is buggy. Not all mp4 videos will play. It might work to convert the mp4 to mp4 using a converter. Some converting software works better than others. My daughter has a DX. Movies/Video that play great on all other devices might work on the DX. Anything converted using Slysoft plays on the DX.

Edit: I failed to mention I use Slysoft and Handbrake. Handbrake would be your Mp4 to Mp4 converter. Handbrake works great and is free.

OP
L

lmacmil

Reaction score
The Droid X is buggy. Not all mp4 videos will play. It might work to convert the mp4 to mp4 using a converter. Anything converted using Slysoft plays on the DX.

Edit: I failed to mention I use Slysoft and Handbrake. Handbrake would be your Mp4 to Mp4 converter. Handbrake works great and is free.

Thanks. I'll keep those in mind.