mp4 movies

redbirds23

Reaction score
I would like to know what type of movie files can be downloaded to the Droid. I tried downloading MP4's (which I thought was the right type of file) from megaupload which one out of twenty
worked........now none of the files work and they all say data not supported on this phone.

OP
R

redbirds23

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response but the movies I am trying to download are already in the mp4 format so they shouldn't need to be converted. Please help.

Silver Member
Reaction score
if they say data not supported on the phone, they're probably not MP4s. that's just my 2 cents.

Silver Member
Reaction score
no offense, but i'm not clicking on that. any videos you download online may be suspect. if you want to be sure you have the right thing, convert your own videos.

lisaws6

Reaction score
I have the samsung captivate and I can't play movies from "imp4movies.com" it says my phone doesn't support the file but the site states it works with droid operating system. Please help. thanks

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Not every phone has a built in movie player for downloaded files. Search the market for a video player like VLC or something and that should do the trick. I know thats what i had to do for the D1 (before rooting and flashing Sourcery that has it built in) after not being able to play mp4's.