MP3's from computer to Incredible

hydro556

Reaction score
I am switching my daughter from AT&T to Verizon and getting her an Incredible for her birthday.

My concern is that she has an Ipod Touch I got her last year and has a bunch of music on it. Will it be simple for her to get those songs off her Ipod and onto her Incredible? I dont mess with MP3's much and am not sure. I am assuming she can put them from the Ipod onto the computer and then from the computer to the Incredible?

Or maybe even straight from Ipod to Incredible? Is that possible?

Basically just wanting to make sure she can get her tunes, because she has a bunch.

cromo8

Reaction score
depends how much a bunch are, getting songs from the ipod to a computer is extremely difficult, however she should already have them on the computer, and its as easy as drag and drop to the incredible

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
Yes, I think she does have them on her computer, from when she originally got them. I THINK. Hopefully so, she would hate to lose them all. I want her to dig the Incredible, and that would not be a good start, LOL

kmo

Reaction score
I assume that the ipod songs exist on Macbook itunes too? Easy fix is to use "Doubletwist." It will integrate itunes with the Incredible very easily. Plug in the Incredible and mount as disk to the computer, then run "Doubletwist" pick which files/playlists you want to transfer and off you go. Google Doubletwist and you'll get a bunch of good info...

OP
H

hydro556

Reaction score
Not familiar with most of that. She doesnt own a Mac, everything would be on her PC. Is that relevant?

zMd113

Reaction score
I use iTunes Agent (free), I found doubletwist kind of frustrating but maybe I should give it another try.

Danariel

Reaction score
I didn't like DoubleTwist either.

I'm using iSyncr. It's a paid app ($2.99), but really makes syncing painless. I just created a playlist in iTunes for my Droid, and in iSyncr I choose to sync that playlist.

ffej89

Reaction score
I like double twist too. Soon as you download it will sync a playlist or you can sync all music on your computer. I have about 8 gigs and it took less then about and hour to load and only missed a hand full of songs

Frankie

Reaction score
One other thing to know is that if she has older iTunes purchases with DRM (aka M4P "protected" files) they will only play on iPod & iPhone, not Droid or other mobile music players. She would need to upgrade them to "iTunes Plus" which is $0.30 per song.

jnmilli352

Reaction score
adding music or video

In phone settings under "connect to pc "select "disk drive" plug phone into pc if auto play pops up click on cancel go to"my compute" select removable disk or storage if you have a SD card in the phone there will be 2 that you can access 1 for phone 1 for SD card they will not be labeled you just have to open them to see contents .Pick the location you want to put items in and drag and drop from media file.

I haven't had any problems playing anything as long as it is the right format but if she has alot of songs I recommend getting an SD card rather than using phone storage.

Terrils

Reaction score
Thank you for an easy method that doesn't rely on downloading Verizon's suck-ass download manager. I knew there had to be a way to bypass their crap downloads and "services." This worked fine.

pxtang

Reaction score
iTuner works with iTunes to sync everything that you already have. I use it for my Incredible after switching to it from my iPod Touch.

scottzilla

Reaction score
I have itunes agent and doubletwist, used them both. itunes agent downloaded the files in to my droid as MP4's so they wouldn't play.
Doubletwist is ok but a pain in the neck, imo. I had many songs dropped and it only seems to download songs that are in playlists. Plus, every time I open doubletwist on my pc it scans every song, video and pic in Itunes. I assure you, this is not a quick process.:icon_eek:
I'm not a computer geek so I have no idea how to confirm but I swear the music files are larger on a droid than they are on an Ipod (Thus they take up more space.)