MP3 question

9wire

Reaction score
I have about 2300 songs on my SD card, from several sources, lots of different bitrates. Any way to batch convert to a more reasonable size that won't take a Cray 2 weeks? At present they are 11gb for 2234 songs. No idea where to post this, so apologies if it's wrong.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

turdbogls

Reaction score
sorry i dont have an answer for you, but that actually seems REALLY good. i have just over 1200 songs on my SD card, and i think those take up about 13GB. most of my stuff is 320kbps tho. either way, i would be happy with those results.

kevinkar

Reaction score
About 5MB per song is pretty good but it points to the mp3 files being high bit-rate and, though not CD quality, are pretty good. Some may even be variable bit rate so your songs should sound pretty good.

For the X, which has pretty good sound through good ear buds, you can definitely cut the file sizes down a bit if you want to carry more. However, re-encoding an mp3 as an mp3 will degrade the quality. If you can live with the results, I recommend Audacity (free) but you also have to download the LAME mp3 encoder to do so. It's pretty easy though I'm not sure it has a batch mode to do them all at once.....