MP3 as notification

i am iaan

Reaction score
Hey all, I understand that you have to make a folder on your SD card in order to do this. I'm confused on how to do this. Can you guys help? Is it when you open the folder on your computer? Thanks in advanced.

stanlori

Reaction score
You need to put 3 folders on your card; ringtones, notifications, alarms. what MP3 that you put in there will automatically appear on your list of selections.

zegolf

Reaction score
Hey all, I understand that you have to make a folder on your SD card in order to do this. I'm confused on how to do this. Can you guys help? Is it when you open the folder on your computer? Thanks in advanced.

Yes. It's easier to mount the SD card when you have the Droid plugged into your computer. You can also download some sort of file browser app and create them that way, but it's just easier to do it on your computer.

OP
I

i am iaan

Reaction score
You need to put 3 folders on your card; ringtones, notifications, alarms. what MP3 that you put in there will automatically appear on your list of selections.

Yeaa I understand that I need to make the folders, but where exactly do I make them?

stanlori

Reaction score
You can connect your computer to your laptop and then mount it. It will appear as an additional drive and then you can add folders using windows explorer. You might also be able to use a droid app called astro that lets you see all storage and folders.

OP
I

i am iaan

Reaction score
Finally got it to work. Thanks for the help.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeaa I understand that I need to make the folders, but where exactly do I make them?
IIRC it doesn't matter. Some have them at the root of the card. Others have them in a Media folder.

Nuggets

Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know. The app that I have found to make life easier is Rings Extended. It allows you to use any file on the SD card for any notification. Not having to use the default folders and structure. Aka, one repository on the card for all of your sounds. If you are so inclined that is.