1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Movoing Droid to another Carrier?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Kitsune205, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Kitsune205

Kitsune205 New Member

So I'm lucky enough to have my contract ending soon with Verizon and so I can soon say good bye to the $130 bill I have every month... I'm looking at Virgin Mobile right now as just $25 a month gives the consumer 300 Anytime minutes and unlimited texting and Data. That's all I need but I love my Droid! Is there any way I could move it to another carrier for prepaid services like T Mobile or Virgin Mobile?
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

I think the only other carriers that support the Droid is Metropcs...and one more that I can't think of right now, not Virigin and Tmo though, those are GSM
  3. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

+1 ^^^ this. You can only use a CDMA carrier as titans pointed out. I have also heard of people getting them on Cricket. HOWEVER, getting everything to work (texts,data,calls) is entirely up to you, as I doubt you'll get any support from them. And it's not easy, but if you want to scratch the surface, here's one place to start:

Android - whiterabbit.org

good luck
  4. nsteger123

nsteger123 New Member

I'm using PagePlus on my droid right now. They run off Verizon, are pretty cheap, but not much data. Everything worked on my phone without any modifications. Just the auto activate thing took a bit.
  5. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

+1 ^^^ this. I forgot about the Page Plus option, no real re-programming needed.
  6. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

No virgin mobile runs off cdma I guarantee it. They don't have good data speeds... And in my area they have terrible voice service... If anything you should be able to get the information from either of theor android phonrd such as the samsung intercept, LG Optimus, or the new motorola droid phone coming in.
Search tags for this page

activate verizon phone on virgin mobile

can droid bionic be used with virgin mobile
can i use a droid razr on virgin mobile
can i use a verion motorola droid with another carrier

can i use my droid on virgin mobile

can i use my droid razr on virgin mobile
can i use my motorola droid on virgin mobile
can i use my verizon droid razr m phone for virgin mobile

droid a855 virgin mobile

i want to use my android from verizon on virgin mobile

motorola droid a855 virgin mobile