Moving the internal memory between two Milestones (re-branded Droid)

chimitos

Reaction score
Moving the internal memory between two Milestones

I have a broken Motorola Milestone.

It's basically just a re-named droid, but there are some differences.
This looks like it sums them up:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/91228

Anyway, the touch-screen is totally broken.
It registers touches that aren't there so fast that it takes about 5 minutes just to get past the unlock screen.

Because of this, I ordered my free replacement.

It's here, but I can't get through any of the menus to get to any of the internally stored things that I would like to move over to the replacement phone.

Is there a way to copy off the internal memory through the usb or micro sd and put it into the replacement?

Thanks. :)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can try and connect it via USB to a computer, but I am not sure.

sent from my ApeX

OP
C

chimitos

Reaction score
Are you rooted?

"bwwaahhh ttsssss"
No. Can you do that without using the screen?

I could probably get through the menus eventually, but it would be a pain that I would rather work around.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Yes you can without using the screen but you won't be able to back up your files without the screen. But what are you trying to move? Your.zip files, pics, music and all that is in your sd card. Your contacts and apps are in your google cloud so the only thing left are your system settings which will take about 10 min to set back to what you had manually
"bwwaahhh ttsssss"

evilmeeko

Reaction score
Hello. I am having the same issue with the Droid 2. The screen is completely dead, however, but the phone turns on, etc.. i need to move the pics from the internal memory to the computer or sd card (yes i am sure they are on the internal memory and NOT the sdcard). any thoughts??? i need this done by tonight, i have to ship the old broken phone back tomorrow!!