Moving Songs from your Computer to your phone

Hazardous1

Reaction score
Is this possible? If so how do you do it?

Also... My car stereo has a USB. I have an itouch, but wouldnt mind selling it if I could plug my phone into that and it would play? Would I be able to recieve messages or calls while doing that though?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Connect the Droid to your PC, Pull down the notification bar and Mount the droid, open explorer and drag and drop....

OP
H

Hazardous1

Reaction score
I get the whole mount thing. It says I need to download something though for it to wrok. Canyou explain a little more in depth? im not getting it.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Download what? I didn't get a download message.

OP
H

Hazardous1

Reaction score
Nevermind.. I pushed mount, and it went to that autoplay thing, and lets you import your pictures and stuff. How do I move my music from my computer to my phone though?

What explorer thing are you speaking of to open?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Nevermind.. I pushed mount, and it went to that autoplay thing, and lets you import your pictures and stuff. How do I move my music from my computer to my phone though?

What explorer thing are you speaking of to open?

Windows Explorer...You are using a PC right?

OP
H

Hazardous1

Reaction score
Ya. How do i drag and drop though. I dont get that. I got all the songs in one folder on my pc. Then what?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Well you can right click on the folder in your PC and select on COPY then in the droid right click and select PASTE.

How large is this folder? the droid only have a 16gb sdcard......Don't get too crazy

OP
H

Hazardous1

Reaction score
I need step by step instructons. I have no idea what mostly ur saying.

I get I have to mount the phone. After that, I dont know what to do.

scajjr

Reaction score
I have the droid eris actually.

Eris comes with an 8Gb microSD card. I bought a 16Gb to put in mine.

You can make folders on the SD card in Explorer, then copy any and all music over to your phone. In the music app that comes with the phone if you put all the songs in the root directory or all in one folder it shows as an "album" in that app and you'd have to scroll down to find the songs you want. I created folders for different artists or types of music. Makes it a bit easier to find what I want at any given time.

Sam

scajjr

Reaction score
I need step by step instructons. I have no idea what mostly ur saying.

I get I have to mount the phone. After that, I dont know what to do.

Pretty easy . In Windows Explorer you should see the Eris's SD card as a drive letter. So just treat it like a drive. Create folders, transfer files to and from it from/to your PC.

So after you mount the phone, go to Explorer, double click on the drive letter that is the Eris and then you do what you want just like it was any hard drive, flash drive, etc.

Sam

OP
H

Hazardous1

Reaction score
I dont understand what anyone is saying lol. This isnt really helping me. I need step by step instructions.

I am as far as clicking mount on my phone. After that an autoplay thing pops up on my computer? Then what? Where did I go and how do I do it. Telling me to copy in paste in my sd doesnt help cause I dont know how.