Moving Pics to SD Card

charliez916

Reaction score
Prior to the JB update yesterday I could move pics to the SD card in my storage settings. Do not see that feature with the new upgrade. Can someone tell me how to move the pics to SD card so I'm not using so much memory. Phone is stock...thx

niXerKG

Reaction score
Prior to the JB update yesterday I could move pics to the SD card in my storage settings. Do not see that feature with the new upgrade. Can someone tell me how to move the pics to SD card so I'm not using so much memory. Phone is stock...thx

So when you go in to the stock camera app and you hit the Settings icon you don't see the storage option?
View attachment 58895
Is your SD card being detected?

OP
C

charliez916

Reaction score
I do see the storage option and I have it set on SD now....however prior to yesterday (JB) I could go to the setting page, storage and move pics and videos to the sd card....can no longer do that

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
I would connect your HD to your computer then copy and paste the files from the DCIM>Camera folder on your internal storage to the same folder on your SD card. After you have verified that the photos have moved properly, you can erase the pics on your internal storage. Just how I'd do it!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do see the storage option and I have it set on SD now....however prior to yesterday (JB) I could go to the setting page, storage and move pics and videos to the sd card....can no longer do that

Yeah.. that options gone now... part of the update. Don't know why.

Mule65

Reaction score
Anyone know how to get photo's off this thing? Ridiculous.

EDIT> Using the Moto Device Manager. Both Internal storage and SD card eventually appear in folder.

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you use MTP mode, install divers you can just go to my computer and your HD will be listed as a new drive/device.... click it and you'll see both internal and external storage.

I don't understand why people are freaking out over this so much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
They may be new to Android, smartphones, computers or just don't know how to copy and paste files... no biggie. We can help them out. That's what the community is about.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
They may be new to Android, smartphones, computers or just don't know how to copy and paste files... no biggie. We can help them out. That's what the community is about.

You're absolutely right.. I reread my post and it did come off a bit "aggressive" Lol, it wasn't intended to be that way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

JScharf92

Reaction score
it might take a while but if you select the file(s) you want in the file manager you can move it (them)

djspy

Reaction score
Because they have caused an unnecessary burden for no reason at all. Before I used to use my phone as a USB Storage device. In would quickly transfer files to and from my phone to other computers that aren't mine. Now, do you think the owners of these computers are gonna be happy that I now have to install Motorola software on their computer? Google is just turning into Apple.

deant

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Motorola had me install Android File Transfer. Now it recognizes my phone-maxx hd