Moving Music and Pics to Droid from a Mac

debb8

Reaction score
What do I do if using a Mac for loading in music and pics into my Motorola Droid.
thank you

hosteraas

Reaction score
its very easy.
-plug the USB end of your charger cable into a USB port on your Mac and the other end into your phone
-the phone will show up as a drive on your desktop.
-Mount the phone by grabbing the notification icon and dragging down
-Tap the mount button
-drag your songs, pics, movies or whatever into the phone drive icon
-when your done, eject the phone's drive, unmount it from the notifications menu and your done

Aldenn

Reaction score
Moving files frm Mac to Droid

Hi,
Mounting the Droid to a desktop is not very well documented by Verizon, I had to go the Moto Droid manual, and find the answer, after my first attempt to get the Droid to mount on my Mac desktop. Once the secret of pulling down the notification bar on the top of the Droid and selecting USB icon, to get the "Mount Droid" button. Once done, that worked great.
But remember, to "eject" the Droid icon on the desktop Before unmounting it on the Droid screen!

I tired this several times, before I finally got it to work.
At first it would move some files, but not others. Some PDF's didn't want to drag to the Droid, photos on the desktop went ok, but not from within my photo management app. (Nikon).

After unmounting the Droid, and remounting it again, whatever was preventing the transfer of the PDF's cleared, and I was able to drag files over.

However, this does not work with iTune music files, still can't get music from my iTunes to the Droid (running OS 10.4, so I can't use doubleTwist, which will move files from iTunes to the Droid).
ah