Moving from SPRecovery to Clockwork, not working?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Parafly9, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Parafly9

Parafly9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys

I've been using SPRecovery on my Droid 1 since I first rooted it a few months ago.

I'm running Bugless v5 with smoked glass theme. Nothing else really special beyond that. I wanted to try a few new themes or fonts out on the phone, but some of them said they needed Clockwork Recovery (not SPRecovery).

So, I went ahead to the market and downloaded Clockwork Mod, and used the 'Flash Clockwork Recovery" button in the app to get it installed. All appeared to go well, but I'm unable to boot into the clockwork recovery menu. When I use the "boot into recovery" option, it just goes to the M logo twice and then boots up teh phone. i've also tried holding the "X" button down while booting, and nothing.

I've re-flashed SPREcovery using the menu in Rom Manager, and now I can get into SPRecovery again, but not sure what is up with Clockwork. ANy ideas?

2. Parafly9

Parafly9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Eh, I just re-flashed a second time and now it appears to work> Must have just been dumb luck first time.

3. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
    Look around at some clock work threads. It doesn't work 90% of the time you try to use it. Every thread says to either flash it to an earlier version, or flashing it 3 or 4 times. Its the main reason I wont use it. SPRecovery hasn't failed me, and I doubt it will. I'm sorry, but I wont run anything that isn't sprecovery comaptible.

4. warrior21

warrior21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You shouldn't have any issue with it from now on. Sometimes the first time you flash CW you have to do it a few times for it to take.