Moving from OG Droid to Droid X later today...

Universal

Reaction score
Any advice on the best way to make the conversion as far as moving data, loading existing apps, etc...?

Thanks.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I just did the jump to the X. I just used my same sd card from my D1 and then the rest comes when you sign in to the new phone. Just go to the market and it will redownload your apps. You will love the DX. Twice the cpu and ram of the D1! :icon_ banana:

Reaction score
X is better for the bigger screen but twice the cpu... I overclocked my wife's D1 to 1.1 ghz (chevy kernel) and it ran cool all day for months with 0 hiccups or issues on the stock rom with root. My DX only went to 1.35ghz before it would lock. Yes twice the ram is nice tho.

As far as apps just backup to SD card and then swap the SD cards when you get the new phone. the 8GB of onboard memory for the DX is absolutely gigantic compared to other phones although I have no idea how you'd use it all.

Really though, (and I am not the only one who will tell you this), besides the bigger screen, the DX really isn't all that much greater than the D1. Def not enough to lock you in for another 2 years espeically when 4G and dual cores are right over the horizon. You could always try getting a lightly used DX or Fascinate off of the evilbay for probably the same price you'd pay for a DX new from Verizon including the contract. Fascinate has a 1000x better screen anyway.

Last edited:

jeepxj96

Reaction score
i switched last month to the X from d1. its great to finally be able to do things to my phone without LAG!

Reaction score
Maybe my wife just had the best D1 ever? 0 lag issues there but that was probably from me doubling the processor speed...

dr3wv4n3

Reaction score
Just switched D1 to DX minutes ago. Got a refurb from verizon. Its different but still feels solid in my hand. Looking forward to exploring its features. Happy Droiding!

OP
U

Universal

Reaction score
I just did the jump to the X. I just used my same sd card from my D1 and then the rest comes when you sign in to the new phone. Just go to the market and it will redownload your apps. You will love the DX. Twice the cpu and ram of the D1! :icon_ banana:

Thanks. That worked outside of some free apps I had to re-install.

OP
U

Universal

Reaction score
X is better for the bigger screen but twice the cpu... I overclocked my wife's D1 to 1.1 ghz (chevy kernel) and it ran cool all day for months with 0 hiccups or issues on the stock rom with root. My DX only went to 1.35ghz before it would lock. Yes twice the ram is nice tho.

As far as apps just backup to SD card and then swap the SD cards when you get the new phone. the 8GB of onboard memory for the DX is absolutely gigantic compared to other phones although I have no idea how you'd use it all.

Really though, (and I am not the only one who will tell you this), besides the bigger screen, the DX really isn't all that much greater than the D1. Def not enough to lock you in for another 2 years espeically when 4G and dual cores are right over the horizon. You could always try getting a lightly used DX or Fascinate off of the evilbay for probably the same price you'd pay for a DX new from Verizon including the contract. Fascinate has a 1000x better screen anyway.

I bought the X from a friend, who gave me a good deal on the phone and several accessories. I plan to use it until I find my next long term phone, hopefully in the next few 4-6 months.

I like it so far.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Your right...you might actually be the only person to say the only difference is a larger screen...:icon_eek:

Never mind the better camera with 720P HD recording, HDMI out so as to play those vids and photos directly to an HDTV or monitor, the 8GB of internal memory for app storage vs the D1`s paltry 256mb, 32GB SD upgradeable, 1ghz out of the box with no overclock needed (while overclocking got your DI up above 1ghz, it still wouldnt be as fast as a native clocked DX running Froyo or GB for that matter.)

Fact is, the DX is a hell of an upgrade over the D1...the only ones who dont seem to grasp this, are the D1 owners who are just dead-set on having the "super-slick, catch me-kiss me phone"...and ultimately never ugrade...seeing as the D1 is almost to the day 2 years old. Its time for an upgrade...yet they will wait and wait...until the phone fails completely...

Nothing wrong with that mentality by the way...just dont get completely caught up in it where you start to want to drink the Koo-Aide too... I love my DX, and I wont upgrade before my contract is up unless this phone just completely craps the bed...but if it is still kicking with the same amount of gusto it has now...then I see no reason to pay for another "bells and whistles" upgrade...:)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Your right...you might actually be the only person to say the only difference is a larger screen...:icon_eek:

Never mind the better camera with 720P HD recording, HDMI out so as to play those vids and photos directly to an HDTV or monitor, the 8GB of internal memory for app storage vs the D1`s paltry 256mb, 32GB SD upgradeable, 1ghz out of the box with no overclock needed (while overclocking got your DI up above 1ghz, it still wouldnt be as fast as a native clocked DX running Froyo or GB for that matter.)

Fact is, the DX is a hell of an upgrade over the D1...the only ones who dont seem to grasp this, are the D1 owners who are just dead-set on having the "super-slick, catch me-kiss me phone"...and ultimately never ugrade...seeing as the D1 is almost to the day 2 years old. Its time for an upgrade...yet they will wait and wait...until the phone fails completely...

Nothing wrong with that mentality by the way...just dont get completely caught up in it where you start to want to drink the Koo-Aide too... I love my DX, and I wont upgrade before my contract is up unless this phone just completely craps the bed...but if it is still kicking with the same amount of gusto it has now...then I see no reason to pay for another "bells and whistles" upgrade...:)

The DX owns the D1! If my phone crapped the bed, I'd get another one used and then just restore my GB nandroid back up that I have on my PC!