Moving from Leaked Froyo to BB - couple of questions

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Canefan, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Canefan

Canefan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been running the 2nd Froyo leak for a couple of weeks now and it has been perfectly stable for me. I am, however, a loyal BB user from the beginning and am anxious to try BB0.2.1 but have a couple of questions before I make the move.

1. I'll do a Nandroid backup of my current ROM first of course and I understand that after BB is installed my apps will be moved to my SD card. If I then restore my backup, will I then have apps in both places? If so, how do I then remove the apps from SD since my active apps will be back on the phone?

2. I use Titanium to back up prior to a ROM change. When I then restore my apps from Titanium under BB, will they automatically go to SD even though they were on the phone when originally backed up?

3. Is the market fix that I keep reading about really necessary? I have had no market issues with the leaked Froyo at all. Is it a BB issue?

4. Lastly do I absolutely have to do a wipe if moving from leaked Froyo to BB?

Thanks in advance.

2. neos

neos New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ask the sameļ¼

3. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    personally i've never had any of the issues people complain about on this board, and i most cases most peoples complaints i've read come from them not reading the release notes.

personally i think the power shortcuts are just a pain in the ass for non-developers, i rarely need to restart my phone and have occasionally managed to accidentally do a shut down short cut.

and the apps 2 sd thing is annoying for me, i had 115 mb free prior to this change...so i wasn't pressed for space on my phone.

4. gszeman

gszeman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1) When/if you go to v0.2.1, it only gives you app2sd. It does not move your apps to your sdcard. However, it changes the default install location or any apps you install AFTER you switch to the sdcard. So, when you restore your apps (This ROM will not auto restore) from a backup, they will be on your phone. You can then choose to move certain apps to the sdcard if you wish to do so. Please note, any widgets, launchers, or apps that require other apps to function should NOT be moved to the sdcard. The only apps that I suggest you move are the larger independently functioning non-widget apps like games, Earth, etc. If you install other apps with widgets after you install 0.2.1, simply go to settings>applications>manage apps>click on the app, and select Move to Phone.

2. See #1

3. If you haven't had market issues I can say with 99% certainty that you will not have issues with 0.2.1's market.

4. I did not wipe when I switched and I have had ZERO issues. If you do have issues, just go back and wipe and try again :)

I would also like to note that I have not had one single issue with this ROM...I agree with bendy when he says that the majority of the issues are cause by users not reading the OP/Changelog/Thread prior to installing this ROM.

Good luck!