Moving folders across home screens?

coondogg97

Reaction score
I think I already know the answer to this, but im gonna give it a shot anyway.

Is there anyway to move a folder from one home screen to another? I have been using launcher and now I just switched to launcher pro. I have one folder filled with about 30 direct dial contacts for work. I hate having to recreate that folder every time I install a new ROM or a new home screen replacement app. I have tried a few of the frequent caller apps, but I don't like any of them as much as just having a folder filled with contacts.

Any help would be appreciated if this is at all possible.

Thanks!

Dmoralize

Reaction score
I'm not sure that you can do this directly. Maybe one of the backup programs can do. I couldn't figure out a way with Astro or Titanium Backup but perhaps MyBackupPro could.

Your best bet is probably to use a different folder creation app. FolderOrganizer or AppOrganizer. Once you have a folder created in one of those, you can add it to any home screen that you want at any time.

OP
coondogg97

coondogg97

Reaction score
I'm not sure that you can do this directly. Maybe one of the backup programs can do. I couldn't figure out a way with Astro or Titanium Backup but perhaps MyBackupPro could.

Your best bet is probably to use a different folder creation app. FolderOrganizer or AppOrganizer. Once you have a folder created in one of those, you can add it to any home screen that you want at any time.

Thanks for the suggestions. I really like how the direct dial icons show up when you drag them into a folder. With 30 contacts its easy to just scroll through them. I have tried those apps and I don't like how they are setup. Its an OCD thing :)

Thanks though for giving Astro and Titanium a shot.

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score
I think I already know the answer to this, but im gonna give it a shot anyway.

Is there anyway to move a folder from one home screen to another? I have been using launcher and now I just switched to launcher pro. I have one folder filled with about 30 direct dial contacts for work. I hate having to recreate that folder every time I install a new ROM or a new home screen replacement app. I have tried a few of the frequent caller apps, but I don't like any of them as much as just having a folder filled with contacts.

Any help would be appreciated if this is at all possible.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you can. If you drag the folder to the far right or left to the screen, to where your finger is almost off the screen, it should move it over to that screen.

Mikejl

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you can. If you drag the folder to the far right or left to the screen, to where your finger is almost off the screen, it should move it over to that screen.
This method works when you are staying within the same launcher and moving a screen or two to the left or right, but not when you've switched to a whole new launcher.

Like going from Helix to Launcher Pro, ADW, Zeam. or one of the many others. When you change Launchers you lose all your custom settings and have to recreate them. It is a real hassle.

Mike

Last edited:

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score
This method works when you are staying within the same launcher and moving a screen or two to the left or right, but not when you've switched to a whole new launcher.

Like going from Helix to Launcher Pro, ADW, Zeam. or one of the many others. When you change Launchers you lose all your custom settings and have to recreate them. It is a real hassle.

Mike

Your positive? I'm 90% positive I remember moving stuff from screen to screen on launcherpro and ADW yesterday.....

OP
coondogg97

coondogg97

Reaction score
Your positive? I'm 90% positive I remember moving stuff from screen to screen on launcherpro and ADW yesterday.....
How did you get both launchers running at the same time?

Mike

You can run as many launchers as you want. When you select home a list of launchers will pop up and you select the one you want to go to. I really only use one launcher, but it would still be nice to back up certain folders. I just upgraded to FroYo and have to recreate this folder.....again!

Mikejl

Reaction score
How did you get both launchers running at the same time?

Mike

You can run as many launchers as you want. When you select home a list of launchers will pop up and you select the one you want to go to. I really only use one launcher, but it would still be nice to back up certain folders. I just upgraded to FroYo and have to recreate this folder.....again!
I have had four launchers installed at the same time, but you can have only one launcher running at a time.

I have never been able to copy folders or widgets from one launcher to another launcher. If it was possible, a solution to your problem, one I also share, could easily be solved.

Mike