Moving everything from one DX to another DX

veedubdan74

Reaction score
Hi, I apparently sat on my Droid X yesterday at work and caused a pressure crack. :mad: No insurance (sigh) but luckily there are still 3 upgrades available on the account it's on, anyways.. I'm getting the new DX tomorrow and our Verizon guy told me he can use a transfer cable to get text messages and contacts and what not, but what about apps?

Can I just plug in the DX to my comp and copy/paste everything and put it on the new one?
Do I have to re-download every app?
I was hoping to keep all my settings, UI, etc but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Dan

Last edited:

timrock

Reaction score
contacts will be added once you do a sync with the backup app that the phone comes with. given that you did a backup using it before. as for apps, once you sign in to the phone with your google acccount, all of your apps will be restored.

you will have to reconfigure your setting and ui. im guessing that you werent rooted and didnt do any backups. if you did, you may be able to restore your settings, depending on which app you used to back up.

i wouldnt bother with the transfer cable.

the app on the phone is called Backup Assistant. if you created an account and have your pin, restoring your contacts wont take any time.

Last edited:

dfink114

Reaction score
I'm switching to a new droid tomorrow too. I'm not rooted and wanted to know of any apps to move information from other apps to an sd card (ex. keeping my levels on angry birds or stats from other games)

timrock

Reaction score
Some apps like note pads, tasks, financial, etc. have built in back up functions. You can use that and back up to your card, and then just restore later on. As for angry birds, I think the data is automatically saved to your memory card. So your progress should not be lost. I could be wrong about that. You
I'm switching to a new droid tomorrow too. I'm not rooted and wanted to know of any apps to move information from other apps to an sd card (ex. keeping my levels on angry birds or stats from other games)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dfink114

Reaction score
do you know of any apps that can easily move everything to my sd card so I can just swap sd cards to remove any hassle of re-downloading apps?

OP
V

veedubdan74

Reaction score
do you know of any apps that can easily move everything to my sd card so I can just swap sd cards to remove any hassle of re-downloading apps?

I have apps 2 SD and MovetoSD. As far as I can tell you have to move them 1 by 1, which is extremely hard when you can't read most of the screen.. i was hoping there was one that would move them all, maybe someone knows of one, but if not it's 1 by 1.

dfink114

Reaction score
I downloaded movesd. I was able to select all apps at once and move them all. Woot

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dfink114

Reaction score
I'm sorry. It's sdmove then

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

barski

Reaction score
Mybackup is a free and slick app. Backs up everything, switch sd card reinstall mybackup and restore.