moving emails into different folders?

bellbound

Reaction score
Using the stock email app that comes with the note2 on verizon, how do you take an email and place it into a folder in your email account?

Thanks.

jseah

Reaction score
either select the desired emails by clicking on the box on the left side and then click on the move icon on the top of your inbox, or when you have the individual email open, click on the menu button and select move from the popup menu.

OP
B

bellbound

Reaction score
1. Where is the move icon? I do not see it

2. when you have the individual email open, I click on the menu button, the one to the left of the home button, though I do not have a move option?

jseah

Reaction score
When you have an email selected, the move icon is at the top of the screen, just to the right of the trash can icon used to delete the email. Do you have folders set up? Is your email a Yahoo email? I have noticed that with Yahoo email, if you set up the email by entering your email address and password, and you let the phone handle setting up the email account, it does not support the Yahoo mail folders. The same thing happens with HTC phones as well. In order to be able to support the separate email folders in Yahoo Mail, you need to manually set up the Yahoo account using the IMAP configuration. Doing so, you lose push email and you can only set it to poll every 15 minutes.

OP
B

bellbound

Reaction score
Ok, I was going nuts trying to figure out where these buttons were...yes, I am using Yahoo email.

What do you mean when you said you lose push email? Do you mean my Yahoo emails will not download automatically anymore?

Thanks!

jseah

Reaction score
Yeah, if you let the email app set up the Yahoo email, then the mail updated interval is set to "push". This is when you get to the screen where you add a new email account, you choose "Yahoo! Mail" as the email account type. To manually set up the Yahoo account through IMAP, you choose "Others" instead. The weird thing is that using "Others", when you enter the Yahoo mail address and password, the server setting will autofill with the correct settings. However, the mail update interval does not have "push" as an option. The shortest interval available is 15 minutes.