Movies

JJDH

Reaction score
I'm getting to speed on this phone. previously I used I tunes for everything. Now I want to ditch the ipod. I use the google music and that cloud. I have two questions. Its there an app to read the google cloud in order to make ringtones? I have one of the ringtone makers and found the music files but it only shows the file number, so you have to check each number to determine the song.
2. How can I get my movies off of I tunes to watch them in the droid. What app and is there a cloud app to store the movies ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pool_shark

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by read the cloud to make ringtones.
I have music on my phone that I use for ringtones.

As for movies, I have burned copies of movies, tv shows and boxing matches on my pc, and I copied some of them to my phone.

OP
JJDH

JJDH

Reaction score
Read the songs I mean the way google stores music files. They are stored as a number and other music players or ringtone makers dont recognize the files thats why most dont use google music. Having the movies on the computer make sense but how do you store them on the phone ? In the gallery ?in an app? Is there a way to store movies in a cloud like I tunes ?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just make a folder in my phone that says Videos/Movies and drop them in there. Grab a file manager and you can move them around as you please through your phone or by hooking it up to your computer.

Drag and drop. iPods wish they had it:hail:

OP
JJDH

JJDH

Reaction score
@dez, with itunes will it let me drag the movie and drop it to the phone?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
@dez, with itunes will it let me drag the movie and drop it to the phone?

Nope, because it's not an iOS device and iTunes won't recognize the device, at least to my knowledge. I never tried it to be honest, it just seems that it doesn't automatically add up in my mind.

That being said, I'm not aware of any ways to take movies out of iTunes. I know of a way for music, but it doesn't exactly give names/artists either.

OP
JJDH

JJDH

Reaction score
The music ways do take the album art and all iso like isyncr and such. The google music player did a great job of extracting music and info from itunes. I really need a way to get the movies. I purchased at least 50movies from itunes!

Sent with Gnex on the green tap

ntrddragn

Reaction score
You need to rip the movies out of itune. its has the DRM protection. I think dvd catalyst does it. Not sure though