movies app for Xoom tablet

nimbleprune

Reaction score
If you wanted a tablet for movie/tv/music access you should have gone with an ipad. There have only been rumors of some form of a Music store being put in place by google at some time in the future....6 months from now at the earliest. By that time the xoom may be a little old and better tablets will be out. If you can get your money back I would try. If you are only going to be surfing the net and accessing emails...with the occasional handy app then the xoom is perfect for you.

dffan8817

Reaction score
I use piratebay.com to get my movie torrents. I convert them using Fox Real video converter. Costs $35 bucks for the converter, but money well spent. I convert to mp4's and use the default Xoom player. QQplayer and Rockplayer works OK, too. You will need to download motohelper to allow your PC to recognize your Xoom for the video transfer. Good luck.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

dffan8817

Reaction score
I use piratebay.com to get my movie torrents. I convert them using Fox Real video converter. Costs $35 bucks for the converter, but money well spent. I convert to mp4's and use the default Xoom player. QQplayer and Rockplayer works OK, too. You will need to download motohelper to allow your PC to recognize your Xoom for the video transfer. Good luck.

hitdog042

Reaction score
That's my point. That's way too much trouble for 600 dollar device.

iPad I can just rent the darn movie.

It's very strange to me that android still doesn't have a media store with movie buys and rentals.

Not just strange. Just flat out weird.

dffan8817

Reaction score
I hear ya. Betcha its coming, though. We users should put pressure on these folks to give us an easier alternative. Up the rebels.

relyem

Reaction score
xoom!

I have been searching for a movie app for days... my friends can watch netflix on their IPad and I can't watch anything on my xoom and that rockplayer isn't for all movies

hazex

Reaction score
Movie Stream app was released yesterday, you should give it a try

dffan8817

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. Looked, but could not find one that actually says it works for Xoom 3.0.1. Any idea which one works? Thanks.

jcolt

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. Looked, but could not find one that actually says it works for Xoom 3.0.1. Any idea which one works? Thanks.

Try Mega Viewer Pro in the market. It works on the xoom perfectly and has newer movies selection than Netflix.

azurabena

Reaction score
I have lots of movies saved in my pc, only the mp4 format movies can be transfer to xoom via usb. others can not, from my friend i know that i need conversion, so converting mkv, vob, etc movies to mp4 with a tool and then transfer and watch successfully. Hope it helps.​