movies app for Xoom tablet

amber5337

Reaction score
I just bought the new Xoom tablet and I am wondering does any one know of a good APP for me to watch movies or how to download them? Any info will helpthanks

harddon

Reaction score
You can transfer them via USB from your main pc.

To watch movies, just download the free app ROCKPLAYER

apollyon0810

Reaction score
I was kinda wondering the same thing. I transferred some HD video to my Xoom (my camcorder records in 1080) and tried watching them. Very choppy. What gives?

Donnie666

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I have a ton of mp4 videos I can't play.

Motorola Xoom
Droid Forums app

Donnie

S

scrub175

dropbox if they are on a computer. what are you looking to do?

Donnie666

Reaction score
What is dropbox? Have a ton of shows I downloaded through itunes (m4v) and would like to watch on my xoom.

Motorola Xoom
Droid Forums app

Donnie

mobius999

Reaction score
For an app I would suggest Rockplayer. I've only had my Xoom for a day, but used Rockplayer for months on my Evo. So far it's working just as well. Plays anything you throw at it.

Dropbox is an app you run on the pc that holds the majority of your content and and also on your mobile devices. It creates a folder you can drop things in. They are uploaded to cloud storage and you can access and download through dropbox on your mobile devices. 2GB limit.

kimber20

Reaction score
blockbuster????

But what about an app that you can actually download movies from like blockbuster?? Its on my driod x but not in the market for the Xoom? Where do we go for movies?

mobius999

Reaction score
Just grab AndTor or aBTC. More movies than you could ever watch

kimber20

Reaction score
Just grab AndTor or aBTC. More movies than you could ever watch

But can they be downloaded from those apps as well?

I'm looking to download Jackass 3. I can do it on my driod X with the blockbuster app but I want to watch it on my xoom where i cannot find the blockbuster app?

hazex

Reaction score
The aplication Tv Shows Stream has been updated to version 3.2 and fully support motorola Xoom now. Amazing. There is a free lite version for testing purposes limited to 12 tv shows, you all should try it.

lkmtkamom

Reaction score
This movie download thing is a big negative to me. I am not very techie, all these steps recommended are great but I need one simple step. Do we think that will happen in time or should I go get an I pad to be sure?

GaryL

Reaction score
Solution to choppy video

I was kinda wondering the same thing. I transferred some HD video to my Xoom (my camcorder records in 1080) and tried watching them. Very choppy. What gives?
The video is sending it at 60 fps and the xoom can not handle that. It can only handle 30 fps.....You need a video convertor....I downloaded
AVS4YOU on my computer it converts the video to 30 fps........You can down load a trial version that has a watermark on it to make sure it work.....After you transfer the movie to your computer use this software on the android setting to convert it to an MP4 at 30 fps.....Then drag and drop the converted file to your xoom.......Once you like it you can get a paid version for 39.00 a year.......It took me ages to figure it out with level 3 support at Motorola........

Good Luck

hitdog042

Reaction score
Try out imp4movies.com I get most my movies from there and I use my xoom to download them try to get the mega share and hot file links they seem to always work

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

I think the op is frustrated there's no rental place like iTunes or Blockbuster.

Ps that tv app mentioned earlier... Pic quality was not good and lots of shows were removed for copyright infringements.

I returned my xoom due to the original ops concern as well as others.

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
If your someone like me who has allot of DVDs, I highly recommended DVD catalyst. Very easy to use and all you have to do is copy to the movie folder on the xoom. Check it out Motorola Xoom Video