Moviefone, Fandango or Movies by Flixster?

OP
issues636

issues636

Reaction score
just try it and find out. it does everything you need.
How do you know that? Are you psychic? Where did the OP even post everything that was needed? :confused:

that's what i TRIED to ask. and all i got was the second statement of "just try it and find out".
Well, given the general quality of discussion in this thread, trying it out firsthand has been one of the better suggestions, actually. I don't use these apps much but I seem to recall that none of them seemed to offer ticket purchasing for all the theaters I frequent in my city.

well seeing as how fandango is KNOWN for purchasing tickets online before you get to the theatres (take a look at every fandango commercial) that was the main reason i mentioned "not for purchasing, just for showtimes/synopsis". i wasn't actually saying that's all fandango did, i was just stating it because that's what fandango is noted for, and i figured that would be incorporated into their application. i was just letting anyone who gave suggestions know that wasn't something i was interested in at all, so they shouldn't base an opinion or decision around that specific feature. if i wanted to sit there and try every application, i wouldn't have posted the thread in the first place. the reason i posted it was because alot of applications have things wrong with thing that maybe some people can state to me, have some things better than others, etc. of course i can sit there and download them all, and try them one by one. but that would kinda completely defeat the point of this forum, wouldn't it? wouldn't this be for people to come and see what the majority of the community prefers? looking for opinions fellow droid users? there might be things that just a quick look through all 3 apps, i would miss. that someone else might have found already.

Mayze

Reaction score
Movies by flixster is what I prefer. It does everything I need it for plus I enjoy reading the rotten tomatoes reviews that's integrated.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys, let's try to treat each other with respect. I just did some clean up on this thread, there is no need for rude comments and unnecessary language.

papy72

Reaction score
I like Fandango because I can buy tickets to my local theater from my phone. But Movies by Flixster seems to be the better app for browsing movies and such.

I especially like that I can flag movies that I want to see and come back to reference / review them later. Saves me searching for the same movie multiple times (and I forget movie names pretty easily) whenever I want to show someone a trailer for something cool coming out in a few months.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I have used them all and prefer Fandango. I generally don't care about reviews and trailers simply because if I want to go see a movie with the family I know or they know what they want to see. So Fandango for the purchase/pick up option is irreplaceable. Not to mention from the moment I click on the Fandango app icon to the time I complete the purchase takes me all of 2 minutes, tops.

motodroid34

Reaction score

Killerhimsa

Reaction score
Fandango is cool but the flixster app does way more including browsing dvds and managing your netflix que.