Movie Problems

Whitest Hispanic

Reaction score
I am currently the proud owner of a Droid X, I love my phone and being able to use it to the fullest of its ability. I wasn't able to find a thread that address my problem so I'm hoping someone will be able to assist. I have figured out how to put music videos with a MPG4 format on my phone. And most of the time they play. But I want to take it one step further. I currently have a digital copy of Iron Man 2 in MPG4 format and for some reason the file will not play.Whenever I go to view it an message pops up that reads, "File cannot be displayed or played". Now I know it has nothing to do with memory because I still have 10+GB's left on my SD. And like I said the file type if the same as the music video's I have so why would this be a problem. Any suggestions for Movie playing apps or any suggestions at all would be helpful. Thanks you for your time and I hope to hear good feed back soon.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Either the file is not one of the ones that Droid will play, or it's DRM protected.

D

dvdcatalyst

I am currently the proud owner of a Droid X, I love my phone and being able to use it to the fullest of its ability. I wasn't able to find a thread that address my problem so I'm hoping someone will be able to assist. I have figured out how to put music videos with a MPG4 format on my phone. And most of the time they play. But I want to take it one step further. I currently have a digital copy of Iron Man 2 in MPG4 format and for some reason the file will not play.Whenever I go to view it an message pops up that reads, "File cannot be displayed or played". Now I know it has nothing to do with memory because I still have 10+GB's left on my SD. And like I said the file type if the same as the music video's I have so why would this be a problem. Any suggestions for Movie playing apps or any suggestions at all would be helpful. Thanks you for your time and I hope to hear good feed back soon.

Digital Copies are DRM protected, and only a few phones (Droid X) will play some of them if synced using Windows Media Player, otherwise, its easier to just rip the DVD instead.

a simple search for "Digital Copy" or "Digital Copies" on these forums will provide (quite) a few threads about this topic as well.

OP
Whitest Hispanic

Whitest Hispanic

Reaction score
Well thanks for the helpful replies. Deffinitly hoping these will help me figure out to fix the problem and hopefully get them on my phone soon.

bilallucky

Reaction score
For Motorola droid X i like ACT1. It's a paid app ($3 I think). But I like the interface and it plays some movies other apps don't while still using hardware acceleration. If you want free, I like mVideoPlayer.

Last edited: