Move SD data

Batman8

Reaction score
Hey has anyone been able to find one of those "app2SD" type of applications that will actually move large data folders of HD games over to the EXTERNAL SD card? There are a bunch of those apps out on the Android Market/Google Play but most seem to just move the .apk file and small amounts of data!

Thanks.

bassman1547

Reaction score
Try Folders Plug . It seems to be for what your wanting to do. I downloaded it to try, but haven't figured it out yet.
At XDA site.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Try Folders Plug . It seems to be for what your wanting to do. I downloaded it to try, but haven't figured it out yet.
At XDA site.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Bassman,

Thanks much for pointing out this app. I had never heard of it before and it's exactly what I've searched for almost 8 months for. However, just like you...I can't get it to work! I tried several times, but copying/moving large folders around is time consuming. So I entered a post to the dev, asking for some step by step instructions to save time.

Hopefully it will work. If so, you're a lifesaver...either way, THANKS!

OP
B

Batman8

Reaction score
Just to update you all, I still could not get "Folders Plug" to work, but reading through the posts for that app led me to another one called "DirectoryBind" which after playing with it a little bit actually DOES work on the Bionic. I just moved 1.25GB of data from StreetFighterIVHD over to my external 64GB sdcard and IT WORKED!!!! It opened up that much extra space internally and the game still plays perfectly. This is a HUGE milestone in my opinion because this issue was really holding this device back as a real gamers phone when you can't play many of the great HD (Gameloft) games just because the data folders are too big to store into the phone's internal 8GB of space!!!

If interested, go to the XDA forums and look up "DirectoryBind." Who needs ICS? I'm happy now. So as far as I'm concerned, Google can keep taking their sweet-ass time getting it out (or at least make sure it's really ready and bug free as can be). I hope this info helps others that were pulling their hair out for the last 8 months like I was over this problem. Now I can put all of my HD games back and stop deleting things every day in order to make room for other stuff.

"THANKS AGAIN" GOES OUT TO BASSMAN1547 for pointing me towards FP which led me to DB! As usual...I LOVE this Android community!!! There is nothing like it.

bassman1547

Reaction score
This is great Batman8! I will scoot over there to XDA on give "DirectoryBind" a go. I would like to thank YOU for your due diligence resulting in this working "find".