Move data from current Bionic to replacement Bionic

DamDroid

Reaction score
What is the best method for moving all data from my current non-rooted Bionic to the replacement (non-rooted) Bionic? I want all my text messages (with the correct time-stamp) along with everything in my calendar and all my pictures.
Please help!
Thanks!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Fastest/best way is to root the phone, install clockwork recovery, do a nandroid back up. Then slide the back up file on to a pc. Then root yor new phone and again put clockwork on. Then just flash that back up file. Everything will be on your new phone to the letter. Piece of cake! :)

OP
D

DamDroid

Reaction score
I'd rather not root the phone. Is there a way to do it without the root?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'd rather not root the phone. Is there a way to do it without the root?

Why not! It's a one click to root and a one click to unroot method. This whole process we are talking about is in the 10-15 minute range max. How much better can ya get?!

OP
D

DamDroid

Reaction score
Sorry but this is ALL new ground to me. Do you have links for what is needed to root the phone? Clockwork, nandroid backup and Tb? BTW - what is Tb?
Thanks in advance for all the help!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Sorry but this is ALL new ground to me. Do you have links for what is needed to root the phone? Clockwork, nandroid backup and Tb? BTW - what is Tb?
Thanks in advance for all the help!

I'll let someone else get you the latest info. I havent rooted a Bionic since 9-12-2011!

OP
D

DamDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'll give it a go tonight. Hopefully I won't need to start a need help thread!

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Not a problem my friend; the threads are pretty straight forward. Please don't hesitate to post a HELP! if needed :)

OP
D

DamDroid

Reaction score
Why not! It's a one click to root and a one click to unroot method. This whole process we are talking about is in the 10-15 minute range max. How much better can ya get?!
How does the unroot work? The bit of digging I've done, I can't find a way to return the phone to an un-rooted state so that I can return it to Verizon and not void my warranty.