1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

mounting smb shares via cifs for video streaming

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by bayank, Nov 4, 2010.

1. bayank

bayank New Member

I got a problem when trying to insmod cifs.ko, I get a 'exec format error', and i think the problem is that you need a kernel that is compatible with the version of cifs.ko in the /system/lib/modules directory. I was using chevyno1 1ghz lv kernel, and that didnt work, but slayhers kernel was able to insmod just fine. but i still could not get the cifsmanager app to work even then.

anyone got this working? i just want to be able to stream my avi/divx movies on my nas/smb shares, and run on bugless beast v.5, preferably with chevyno1 1ghz kernel....is there a diffrent version on cifs.ko that is compatible with chevyno1 kernel?

im also open to trying a different approach to streaming movies from smb share....so far there is no app that can play divx AND stream via smb. the only workaround i see thats feasable is to mount the smb share via cifs, and it will appear as a local file for vplayer or rockplayer to play divx.
  2. g3on3o

g3on3o New Member

i wish this worked for the droid x
  3. techweenie

techweenie New Member

I got this to work using one of P3Droid's kernels and his cifs.ko module. CifsManager also works if you set the options to use insmod instead of modprobe. I was watching a DIVX movie with VPlayer Beta to test it. It was a tiny bit laggy here and there, but I'm not sure if that was because wifi couldn't keep up or the phone was just too slow. It wasn't bad enough to take away from the movie.
Search tags for this page

android mount samba

android mount samba drive

android mount smb

android mount smb shares

android smb mount

android stream divx over smb
droid bionic smb share
droid x2 cifs
galaxy nexus cifs.ko
insmod cifs.ko exec format error
mount smb from android