Mounting Problem

Reaction score
All of a sudden when I mount my Droid a Microsoft Window opens and says "Do you want to scan and fix Removable Disk (F:)?
There might be a problem with some files on the device or disc. This can happen if you remove the device or disc before all the files have been written to it.
Then I get 2 options "Scan and Fix (recommended)" or "Continue without scanning" and if I click continue my files come up but if I do scan an fix nothing really happens, it sure doesnt fix anything tho.

Can anyone help?
This started happening once I went to BB v1.1, I added some other files to theme via MM but I deleted them to see if that would help, nothing. I also reformatted my SD Card, which was odd because I had to do it a long way cus my SD Card reader doesnt work on my laptop so I had to copy all the stuff from my SD Card to my Flash Drive them transfer the files onto my fiances Netbook and then hook up my SD Card adapter and when I did the with nothing on my SD Card (after I formatted it) it still came up with that error message ...? I mean it doesnt seem to hinder me from doing much but it is absolutely driving me crazy and I dont want it to cause future problems

Thanks for the help hopefully

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt worry about it. It's Windows telling you that there might be files that have only partially written to the SD card. If the card works, then dont worry about it.

If you want the error to go away, back up your important files, and format the SD card.

OP
AmericanNomads
Reaction score
I would like for it to go away just because its annoying but I have already reformatted the card and it still said it when I hooked the sd card to the pc without anything on it so I dont know