Mounting my droid

austinhauer

Reaction score
Here's my issue; my phones screen light went out, I have a feeling it has to do with the screen cable or whatever illuminates the screen. Anyway, the touch screen still works, I can very carefully navigate to my phone, favorites, and call my favorites. I have to do this all by speculation and muscle memory though. Anyway, I called Verizon, and I'm getting my new phone tomorrow, free of charge mailed to me. I've heard that the droid saves my camera pictures to the internal memory, but I need them on the SD card. So my question is this; How do I mount my droid onto my computer to copy my camera pictures without being able to see the screen? I have no clue where to touch on the screen to mount, as you have to enable Mounting from the phone. Thank you for your assistance!

-Austin

Last edited:

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I dont believe the pictures are stored to internal memory, but Ive been rooted for a LONG time, and it might be different for stock. Anyway, power down your phone. Pull the battery if you cant get it by memory. Pull your sd card, and mount it to your pc using a card reader. Navigate to /dcim/camera and see if your pictures are there.

PS: The title of your thread created a mental image I didnt need to see. I really need to have my first cup of coffee before I hit the board. Pass the mind bleach, please!

Last edited:
OP
A

austinhauer

Reaction score
I dont believe the pictures are stored to internal memory, but Ive been rooted for a LONG time, and it might be different for stock. Anyway, power down your phone. Pull the battery if you cant get it by memory. Pull your sd card, and mount it to your pc using a card reader. Navigate to /dcim/camera and see if your pictures are there.

PS: The title of your thread created a mental image I didnt need to see. I really need to have my first cup of coffee before I hit the board. Pass the mind bleach, please!

Thank you, I'll try that. I do know when I save images from an SMS or offline, it says "saved to SD card". But I'll try what you recommended.

I'll take the title into consideration next time also, haha.

goldan brown

Reaction score
Why, oh why, do you want that on your bars .... it will bounce, it will fly off , it will break. If you need it, pull it out of your jersey pocket, and then take a peek. The 'more adjustable' the less secure it will be.