Mounting my Droid to Clarion VX400

Nicky Lo

Reaction score
Long time reader of the forums and they have always answered my questions, for that I thank you, but I have a problem that I cannot find an answer for. I recently upgraded my cars head unit to a Clarion VX400 which has Bluetooth Audio, AUX audio input, a designated IPOD adapter, etc. The problem I am having is that the USB connection that runs from the unit will not allow a connection to the droid. The phone understands that it is connected to something as a mass storage device but the VX400 begins to load then reads " No USB Device" and auto switches input to the tuner. I want to be able to control the music from the VX400 to remain hands free while driving, the droid does connect and play with blue tooth audio but the volume is too low to be considered a viable option. I have spoke to Clarion and was assured a call back which I never received. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the VX400 to connect to the droid?

joshuatwise

Reaction score
did you ever find anything on this? I'm about to get a Clarion VX400 for Christmas, and I have a Droid1.
Do you think that it is a bad combination?

OP
N

Nicky Lo

Reaction score
According to Clarion and Verizon the two are not able to connect through USB, I have upgraded to a Fascinate since then and still have the same problem. The VX400 will not connect to droid devices as far as I know. The phone can connect through bluetooth or AUX in settings though.

b_salgado

Reaction score
Just run it through an AUX cable. I do this on my factory Ford CD6 with no issues. I have a brand new Pioneer AVH-P3500DVD on the way with the add on NAV unit. Crutchfield has told me that it will still work the same way. He wasn't sure if the USB port would read the Droid, but the AUX would work. I stream Pandora through it all the time now. I can't wait for my new unit to arrive.... should be here by Wednesday!