Mount gnex

moot

Reaction score
Would anyone mind walking me through how I might be able to add a HD movie to my gnex? I used to be able to mount my device on my droid, but that option doesn't seem to be available on my gnex.

Thanks!

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
assuming you have the Samsung drivers installed when you plug in the usb cable the nexus automatically connects and if you look in my computer it shows up as a portable device not a hard drive (bottom of list). If it doesn't show go into the control panel/system/device manager and make sure it is seen there. double click the Galaxy Nexus icon in the portable device list and you will see a bunch of folders. Drop the movie on top of the movies folder. I've used both videos and movies but i've noticed videos seem to appear in a letterbox and movies are full screen.

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
assuming you have the Samsung drivers installed when you plug in the usb cable the nexus automatically connects and if you look in my computer it shows up as a portable device not a hard drive (bottom of list). If it doesn't show go into the control panel/system/device manager and make sure it is seen there. double click the Galaxy Nexus icon in the portable device list and you will see a bunch of folders. Drop the movie on top of the movies folder. I've used both videos and movies but i've noticed videos seem to appear in a letterbox and movies are full screen.

Thanks for the reply. I found the divers here for anyone else who is interested. Page Not Found - SAMSUNGne problem though, the transfer rate seems very slow to me. 6+ hours for a 700mb file? =\

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Thanks for the reply. I found the divers here for anyone else who is interested. Page Not Found - SAMSUNGne problem though, the transfer rate seems very slow to me. 6+ hours for a 700mb file? =\

There seems to be an issue with recognizing USB 2 ports. It does it as the lower 1.1 which is sslloowww. Try a different port-usually one in the back of the computer. It does recognize my front USB3 port as USB2 and works.

chemist109

Reaction score
Transferring files via SCP/SFTP

An alternate solution is to transfer files to and from the phone via wireless. I like SSH/SCP/SFTP so I'm using QuickSSHd

https://market.android.com/details?...xLDEsImNvbS50ZXNsYWNvaWxzdy5xdWlja3NzaGQiXQ..

A good windows client for SCP/SFTP is WinSCP:

WinSCP :: Free SFTP and FTP client for Windows

Just remember to navigate to /sdcard in order to find your files/folders on the phone (just go up level by level until you can't go any further then go into sdcard). SFTP is not a super fast protocol, but I'm pretty sure it will beat your 6+ hours for a 700mb file.:D