1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Motus gets official as the Motorola Backflip

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by JayMonster, Jan 6, 2010.

1. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

So, if you had been looking around, there were some early screen shots of the "Motus" which sported a "backflip" keyboard... which has been officially announced at CES as... "The Backflip"

It was rumored to go to at&t, but there was no mention of that in the unveiling of the product (well not in the Press Release anyway).

http://mediacenter.motorola.com/content/detail.aspx?ReleaseID=12263&NewsAreaID=2

From the looks of the phone, and the fact that the keyboard is always exposed on the back of the phone... and from the looks and ergonomics point of view, I can't help but ask. "Is somebody at Motorola on drugs?"

Are they trying to squander all the market perception captial the gained on the Droid?

I dunno... maybe it is me, but this thing looks stupid, and seems even dumber in application.... but take a look for yourself, and tell me... a true social media phone... or a turd that will make the Cliq look like a high end device?

Motorola BACKFLIP - MOTOBLUR - Android phone - Motorola USA
  2. wuyanks

wuyanks DF News Team Premium Member

this is meant for the younger teen crowd. i think it's a really nice entry-level. also some cool unique features, like the touchpad on the backside of the phone.

not too bad if you ask me.
  3. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

I do realize the demographic it is intended for, but think it is one of those things that to me is better on paper than in practice. How many people are going to complain about the "raised edges" (necessary to keep the keys from being pressed when it is placed down on its "back")? How long do you think it is going to take for that keyboard to get gunked up and start sticking?
  4. gardobus

gardobus New Member

Your link isn't working for me hmm
  5. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

The link "works" but is apparently getting battered at the moment. Try the first link to the Press Release, that seems to work fine.