Motorolo droid touchscreen not working properly.

gnopgnip

Reaction score
The home button no longer lights up and the vertical portion of the screen above it does not work. this makes it impossible to click on any of the buttons in the 3rd column when the phone is oriented vertically. everything is stock. I have restarted and factory restored the phone numerous times. Once, the first day this happened i shook the phone vigorously while it was turning on and the home button worked for a few hours. When i took the phone to a verizon store they offered a refurbished replacement though mail if i would return the original phone. I had to decline due to an upcoming deployment. Before the screen stopped working, when i would read a book in laputa turning the page would make the screen act buggy. it would turn multiple pages or the page corner would jump around a bit. Everything else on the phone works fine. Is it possible to dissasemble the screen and clean out or reconnect the parts under the buttons?

eidee

Reaction score
I'm having this EXACT same issue. On top of it, my screen would get buggy as if a ghost was spazzing out and touching the screen.

So far, I haven't found a solution to it. I turn the screen off and on multiple times and sometimes it starts working again, but it's only a very temporary solution.

Edit: I am using a rooted phone with Simply Stunning 4.8

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I would have tried a warranty replacement as it is 95% sure a hardware issue.