motorolla t505 car adapter perfect for droid! a must buy!

RubberSoul

Reaction score
Just got this in the mail today and I'm more than impressed. Pandora and my mp3's sound awsome, much better than any iphone fm transmiter I. Have ever heard! Also it paused for incoming calls and navigation instructions, then rusumes your music when finished, all thru ur car speakers! It even tells you the number of the person calling. I think anyone with a droid should order this asap!

OP
R

RubberSoul

Reaction score
Music sounds outstanding! Almost if not CD quality. It verbally tells you what station to dial up, and if u don't like the station it will generate another. Just search t505 at Amazon.com

mrtosh

Reaction score
Where did you buy this if you don't mind me asking? Also I've read cnet reviews that state your conversation can be picked up on a FM channel.. Sound quality of music and calls is my biggest concern.

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Well, you can do all of this by just plugging in the Droid to an aux input (if you have one).

Oh and, Pandora doesn't sound all that great through the Droid. They're definately not streaming a lot of bandwidth. Sounds ok but not great. My Sirius sounds better.

vass0922

Reaction score
has anybody tried this in a congested area?
Living in Wash DC area there is a LOT of contention for FM space.
I tried one FM transmitter years ago and I could barely hear my music through the nearest radio station that was bleeding through.

GadgetRick

Reaction score
FM transmitters suck for more than one reason--not the least of which is not working well in an area like DC. Don't even waste your time with trying to make an FM transmitter work in that area.

They also provide sub-par audio quality to boot!

OP
R

RubberSoul

Reaction score
Well Im in Milwaukee Wi, and the sound quality is 10 times better than what my buddy had his iphone connected to last weekend. I have a 2005 honda accord that doesnt have an aux input, and its a pain in the arssss to put a new deck in, so I thought I would give this a try. I just got home from work and I can say it sounded perfect, Im not joking. It sounds considerably better with the Droid volume up a few notches from full, rather than the droid low, and putting your speakers up. (the latter way you can hear some light light static, the first way there is no static) Now i cant say if it would work this well in NYC, but for me its really everything I could have asked for a more! (not to mention the new droid update is supposed to enhance the sound of the mp3 player....cant wait)

p.s. MP3s due sound alot better than pandora, but both sound sweet!

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Well, you can do all of this by just plugging in the Droid to an aux input (if you have one).

Oh and, Pandora doesn't sound all that great through the Droid. They're definately not streaming a lot of bandwidth. Sounds ok but not great. My Sirius sounds better.

I thought the free version of Pandora used lower quality music on purpose, as a nudge to purchase the better verison.

Jeremy556

Reaction score
For an 05 Accord, you can buy an aux input, I put one in my wife's. It plugs into the back of the stock radio where the XM connector connects (you can still use XM), and it shows up as a secondary CD changer in the stock radio.

mapexvenus

Reaction score

Agreed. Pandora sounded better on my iPhone. Not sure why.

Bkuester

Reaction score
I use the T505 all the time. Great hands free, and if the raido stations are congested there is alway its built in speaker, not that great but it works.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hm, heres my problem with this t505. Its $140!

I bought my aftermarket car stereo for $129 and it has bluetooth built in. It also has hd radio built in. Streaming bluetooth music sounds great and it can be controlled from the stereo, or the remote. It also has an aux input and a usb plug so you can charge it from the car stereo if needed.

Cost kills it compared to some of the car audio choices on the market.

OK, amazon has it for $100. Ill still pay a little more and have it built into my car stereo.

Last edited: