Motorolla Droid Maxx battery ?

ddsdrew

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
I have a Motorolla Droid Maxx that has worked great with awesome battery life for the first year. But now sometimes my battery gets hot and drains very quickly. When I bring up my battery usage during this episode, always on top is "RCS Phone" as the major battery user. I have no idea what this is. Can anybody explain this to me?

Thanks!

Drew in Tennessee

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to droid forums

I have no clue what RCS Phone might be.. Download gsam battery monitor.. Its usually clearer about what app is cycling the processor and draining the batter..

You might consider clearing the cache through recovery and seeing if it will help.. But this sounds like you have an app hanging up.. Download gsam.. Run it on your device for a few days and report back with your findings..

And I'm sure others will have other ideas for you.. Hope you get this figured out.. Must be annoying..

OP
D

ddsdrew

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
I installed the battery app and here is a screen shot of what it says about RCS
Screenshot_2015-04-08-15-11-40.png

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Have you installed any new apps? And are you using it on Verizon? I saw that RCS stands for Rich Communication Services and is offered by some carriers like Vodafone.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I have RCS Phone on my Droid Maxx as well but it's not using hardly any power or battery. I'm guessing one of the last couple of apps you installed is causing the problem.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
True.. Odd that it doesn't show the app.. But judging by the description it's a fairly intensive "looking" app.. It lists the processor, programming.. Etc

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I don't think its an app perse more of kernel type of processes.

So I just rebooted and I can't find that in my gsam anymore.

Last edited:
OP
D

ddsdrew

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
I have RCS Phone on my Droid Maxx as well but it's not using hardly any power or battery. I'm guessing one of the last couple of apps you installed is causing the problem.

I am using Verizon. I might delete all of my "free" apps my kids play with and see what happens.