Motorola's Smartphones Will Die at Google

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is an opinion piece I found on Forbes. The author makes some very valid points but I think what he's missing is that Google does not want to enter the manufacturing of Smartphones (other than the Nexus.) Unless he knows something we don't. Nevertheless, it's an interesting topic and worthy of some good discussion.

I'm curious as to what everyone else makes of this article:

The Motorola Smartphone Brand Will Die at Google - Forbes

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
The article makes some good points but I'm not so sure it'll play out exactly like they said. If Google does give them preferential treatment, then just maybe things will start to fall apart, but I believe that Google will be able to treat them the same if all they really wanted was the patents. I guess only time will tell though.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing I hope Google does with them is get more stability in OSes due to the ability to work directly with the hardware side of things. I love my D2, so I'd like to stay on board, but as I jumped from Nokia, to LG, to Moto, I'm not afraid to go where the getting is good.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
So... he's guessing that Motorola will stop making phones, and that google will allow other android manufacturers to use moto ideas in their phones? Such as radio design and what not?