Motorola's Next Droid Landing Page Shows 14 Days for Droid Turbo

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-turbo-droid-landing-page-vzw.png

Starting today (October 14th) there are only 14 days until the next Droid lands! So says the latest Droid Landing page on Verizon. On Friday, we shared a teased image of the Red version of the Motorola Droid Turbo. The Droid landing that Verizon is referring to can't really be anything else (unless it also includes some other Droids, which we don't expect at this time).

The Droid Landing countdown timer is moving rapidly toward October 28th at 12pm eastern, so feel free to mark your calendars, set an alarm, and sign up on the page for more details. We have to admit, here at HQ we haven't been this excited about a new Droid in a very long time.

It's not that we weren't enthusiastic about every new Droid, it's simply that the rumored specs for this newest Droid Turbo model are so extreme, we can't wait to see the final result. This could easily be one of the most phenomenal Droid flagships since the first few generations of Droids!

Here's our Droid Turbo section link for more discussions: Motorola Droid Turbo Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Here's the link to the Verizon Droid Landing Page: VZW

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Finaaaaaaaaaaaalllyy!!!!!!!! Geez... I was Jonesing... 14 days... Now... Will it be available in 14 or I'm thinking it's going to be on sale the 30th...so...16 days.... Ugh...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have a friend that's telling me that the z3 and turbo will go on sale the 29th.. He's the one that told me about the dedicated customer service when you have vzw protect (full plan) .. But who knows.. I hope so... Happy Halloween... Beats the heck out of candy!!! And it's just as sweet.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I jumped on this mailing list too. So excited for this phone. Can't wait. Have to read up on this proteciton plan you mention.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like perfect timing for the holiday season. Note 4 or Droid Turbo. My question is how are the radios in Motorola line, with Samsung it has been a hit or miss.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have a friend that's telling me that the z3 and turbo will go on sale the 29th.. He's the one that told me about the dedicated customer service when you have vzw protect (full plan) .. But who knows.. I hope so... Happy Halloween... Beats the heck out of candy!!! And it's just as sweet.
Thought I read the z3v is hitting Verizon stores on the 23rd?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Radios in Motorola phones are far superior to Samsung.
Motorola has a reputation that is beyond compare in the communications industry. The greatest percentage of emergency response teams have Motorola radios in their cars, police, fire, ambulance, and of course our US government vehicles as well as the military. In fact Motorola has been the supporting leg in communications for our military for many decades. You will also find that the greatest percentage of both commercial and non-commercial Airlines as well as other forms of air flight vehicles all have Motorola is in them as well. Again no other company competes with Motorola at that level. In terms of overall ability to build successful communication devices, their prowess extends beyond just the transmitter and receiver and goes all the way out to the antennas which by the way are such an integral part of the entire process. A good antenna on a poor radio cannot perform for antenna on a good radio. It's not so much the signal strength as it is how well its transmitted and in what radius it's dispersed. Very very small signal level can travel great distances if it's properly transmitted via a well designed antenna configuration.

jsandy

Reaction score
I have a one year old Note 3 (VZW unlimited plan) paid full freight and as a hand held computer it is great. As a communication device it sucks. Verizon has replaced it once because I couldn't get signal on the phone while my ipad, sitting right next to it, had a -98db 4G signal. I went to the Note 3 from a Droid Maxx and have regretted it every time I make a call. I am awaiting reviews of the Note 4 (supposedly a different antennae) regarding signal and sound (crappy ear speaker on my Note 3) I'll probably wait till the first of the year and then decide on the Note 4 or the Droid Turbo but the Note 3 is history!

pchain

Reaction score
Anyone know how Sony radios compare to Moto, or Samsung? After two Samsungs with poor radios, it's time to look elsewhere and I'm thinking Moto Turbo or Sony Z3v for my next phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Anyone know how Sony radios compare to Moto, or Samsung? After two Samsungs with poor radios, it's time to look elsewhere and I'm thinking Moto Turbo or Sony Z3v for my next phone.
Can't speak specifically to the performance of Sony radios but my experience with Samsung radios is similar to yours. I can also say the compared to Palm, HTC, Audio Technica, Nokia, and all others I've tried over the past 20 years, my experience has been that Motorola radios for service where the others didn't, held calls where the others dropped them, transmitted data when others didn't, and over all out-performed the competition.

YRMV