Motorola’s Brand Loyalty Among Men 18+ Passes Apple

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is real good for Motorola and VZW. It's a little too early to tell but I think Moto/Google/VZW have hit it out of the park on the Droid.

Your thoughts?

According to a study, Motorola recently surpassed Apple in brand loyalty among men 18 years old and up since the release of the Droid on the Verizon network. The study by YouGov’s BrandIndex scale ranges from -100 to 100 and is based on weekday interviews with 2,000 interviews per day from a panel of 250,000 people.

This past week Apple has dropped from a November peak high of 48.1 to 22 and Motorola is staying strong with 29.3 with an error margin of +/- 2 percent. The real loser in all of this? Research and Motion and their BlackBerry smartphones as they have dropped to a lonely 9 in the study.

All of this may have started from the much talked about Verizon map and Droid commercials. It would seem that the first round of the Verizon vs AT&T battle has gone in favor of Big Red and Motorola. It should be interesting to see if the latest iPhone commercials will be able to swing things back into Apple’s favor

Link to original article

fegul

Reaction score
I just realized recently that every single cell phone I've owned has been a Motorola.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
Myself? Loved the Q and was sad to see their follow-up to it so I went to Samsung. Loved the Samsung i-760 and Omnia, disappointed in the delays with the Omnia II and Pro (which has a pysical keyboard). Happy to see Motorola get back up on the horse with the DROID and they definitely have me back in their ballpark.

The newest commercials from AT&T and Apple have been ho-hum and plain stupid at-best. The guy throwing the postcards around make it seem like AT&T is a company who just took a shot in the junk and are trying to save face. The new Apple / iPhone commercials fall upon deaf ears because they blend into what everyone has been seeing the past few years--nothing new and makes their point(s) blend into the background.

At any rate, they are now looking to play catch up to Verizon / Motorola IMHO.

- Mega

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
AT&T is grasping straws.... the ONLY multi-task advantage the iPhone has is talk and data.... they're playing that up because I don't think they have another angle anymore.

The iPhone isn't going anywhere but how big of a role it plays might be... might not :)

djstar2k2

Reaction score
the new att spot is tight it shows the flaw in droid and vrw but really i never Surfed and talked on my G1 i guess when i srf i dont wanna tallk plus i can always go back to the web cuz most times the call is important enuff to just talk

Dragoro

Reaction score
ATTs adds are lies, especially that one with the postcards. He spefically mentions chicago. I used to live in downtown chicago, and ATTs coverage is terrible there.