1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Motorola: You On Display (Contest)

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Shadez, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

On Sept. 5th Motorola will be holding an event usually reserved for the media. They are expected to announce the Droid RAZR HD and Droid RAZR M.

This time around, they are giving away 25 passes to the event, IF you live in New York, Connecticut or New Jersey. You can enter on their Facebook page if you are interested and live in these areas. I'm sure we will learn some more info on these nice devices, and if you're lucky enough to go, you will probably walk away with some nice swag as well..

So if you're up for it, you can enter here: https://www.facebook.com/motorola/app_276529932462091?ref=ts
  2. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

I would love to go, but I don't live in any of those states.
  3. npro1464

npro1464 Member

I'll enter for the good chance they give a phone away here. No clue what photo I can upload that will show what "Motorola means to me."
  4. Shadez

If you enter, share your photos if ya'd like! :)
  5. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

If I wanted to be a smart ass I'd take a photo of a lock.
  6. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

So did anyone else try this? Is anyone going? This is the voicemail I got this morning:

"This msg is for ____, I sent you an email last Friday letting you know that you are a winner for the Motorola You on Display contest and you are invited to attend the Motorola event in NYC tomorrow. If you can please give me a call back to confirm you are still interested in attending this event, I can provide you with all the event information... Again my name is Alanna calling on behalf of Motorola."

Unfortunately I have an appointment that I can not get out of (and would cost me $9000 if I miss it). I have also searched high & low for the email but it must have gone to junk and got deleted. I am so very sad. I would've much rather driven the 5 hours than have to call Alanna back to say I can't attend. It still is crushing me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  7. Shadez

WTG, anyway to let someone else use it?
  8. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

I didn't ask because I didn't know anyone else that would be willing to make the 5 hour drive. And while this is stinkin airing live, I will be sitting in a stupid court room presenting closing arguments. I have never won anything like this before. I am truly bummed!

9. Shadez

Maybe you can call in the morning and ask if someone can take your place. I am sure there is someone in here close enough and wanting to go... just an idea.
  10. 2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM Member

I live in CNY also and would have made the drive if i won! That's too bad you couldn't go, its like winning a raffle but losing the ticket.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  11. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

Oh, it feels worse than that. All I did to win was post a screen shot of my homescreen and write a summary of what my Motorola phone is for me. My statement was listing all the resources I have at my fingertips and that I can make my phone look like and do what I want.

Would you go? PM me your information. I'm going to call right now and leave a message then call first thing in am. It is at 2pm at Gotham Hall in NYC.

12. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

And why wasn't PA included in the eligible states to submit an entry. I drive hours through PA (81 to 380 to 80) to get to NYC.

13. 2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM Member

Thanks, but i couldn't cancel my appointments for tomorrow either on short notice unfortunately. I would be suprised if they allowed you to transfer attendance to another individual with the show being tomorrow, or today as it its after midnight lol.

Also, for the most common route, I believe there is a significant detour on the I-81S off ramp to NYC due to road work. I drove to west Virginia couple weeks ago and the traffic backup through Albany at 7PM was far and above the normal congestion due to this it appeared.

14. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

Yes, it was hard for me as well as I never noticed the email and only got the voicemail today. Tried to get several people to take my place before calling her back... but no one seemed as excited to do it as I was. I still would love if anyone from this forum in NY, CT, or NJ could take my place. Mostly I do hope my spot doesn't go to waste.

I went to NYC about a month ago... went through PA on the way there and thought I'd try 17 to 81 on the way back. Wow, big mistake. That route is still crazy. I thought that after all these years they would have improved that highway but not!

15. 2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM Member

Interstate 81, our tax dollars at work lol. Hopefully someone, possibly from NYC or Long Island catch this thread quick enough and can work some magic. Be nice to get a first hand report from a forum member on this Moto event.

16. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

Yes, and I wonder if there is free tech for the winners... and I might never find out. Hopefully someone within a couple hours of NYC can chime in. I am surprised that more ppl from this forum didn't enter.