Motorola Working on a Cheaper Version of the Moto X

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Aug 2, 2013.

1. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend Member

Ratings:
    +8
    So this cheaper version is targeted towards people buying unsubsidized in both the US and over seas. Easiest solution would be to lower the retail price and open it up to international customers (if possible).

Seems a lot cheaper than creating an entire new phone and trying to market said phone.

2. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +801
    It's a brand new phone. Why would they lower the price and lose money? Older phones like the IP4 and S3 can be discounted because of production efficiencies and falling component prices. Yes, in 6-12 months the Moto X will be cheaper.

In hindsight, it was stupid to think this phone was going to be $300 off-contract. It was stupid to think Google was going to subsidize it (as evidence from that article today showing the lengths they've gone to NOT favor Moto) - and we all wanted to believe it and crossed our fingers. But it's always stupid to think an OEM is going to leave millions of dollars on the table just to try and grab market share.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  3. BOBD1950

BOBD1950 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC M8
    Crap..! I have that Phone already..I'm looking at now ,in my top drawer. With the battery rubber banded around it. Called the DroidX2

Search tags for this page

moto x

when will verizon have a 32 gbyte version of the moto x