Motorola Will Have a Mobile World Congress Event on Feb 25th; Likely No Hardware

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Feb 6, 2014.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,128
    [​IMG]

We aren't exactly sure why Motorola sent out press invites to a Mobile World Congress Event they are hosting on February 25th. More than likely there are no new phones or hardware going to be revealed. Right now the current speculation is that Moto will simply discuss their current business strategies and the impending merger with Lenovo. In fact, it's possible the Lenovo purchase will be the primary topic of interest, and may include a frank discussion with the media on the subject. There are certainly many questions left unanswered regarding Google's "out-of-the-blue" move.

Despite no hardware being announced, this should be an interesting press event. Perhaps we will get a first glimpse of the Lenotorola plans of the future...

2. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Seems to early for plans with Lenovo to even exist yet, much less be disclosed to the public.

3. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Senior Member

Ratings:
    +89
    I agree, and if it turns out that it is the topic of discussion it's unlikely it was planned as such for that to be the reason.

4. PereDroid

PereDroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +536
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo
    They are obviously going to reveal something. LOOK at the promo. That doesn't scream REVEALING SOMETHING???

5. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,051
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo
    It screams, festive attempted bank robbery, to me...lmao

6. kodiak799

kodiak799 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +366
    Moto undoubtedly had something in the pipeline, I would think. It has probably been tight-lipped allowing for the possibility that Lenovo might scrap some developments.

Otherwise, I've been thinking we should be hearing about some sort of Moto X refresh (just put an SD card in the thing and I'd buy!)

7. Enrique2SIM

Enrique2SIM New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It might take a while before Motorola could release something amazing into the market. Instead what they will do is keep the brand on the eye of people and wait how the market react to develop something new.

Anyhow, such a popular brand have to be in any important event related to the mobile industry.

Regards

8. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2,048
    I think it is too soon to release another moto device. The momentum on the moto x came late and right now it is still hot so revealing a new device could slow the momentum where if you wait until late March to early April you can catch the market as the momentum is on the decline.