Motorola will be Closing the Brand New Texas Moto X Plant by the End of the Year

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, May 30, 2014.

1. Hodor

Hodor Active Member

Ratings:
    +49
    I agree, I guess I am missing your point, whatever that is?

2. Hodor

Hodor Active Member

Ratings:
    +49
    This, I agree with!

• Like Like x 1
  3. dja1980

dja1980 Member

Ratings:
    +20
    You asked "who says they don't want to work for it?"... which was not the point of my post. My point is simple... another US manufacturer is closing their doors, and more employees are losing their jobs due to the expense of operating in the US. The post I made yesterday "This is very sad... get rid of minimum wage... and watch how many jobs come back to the US! Oh, but we're headed for $15/hr... that will definitely help. :blink:" was related to the announcement yesterday that Seattle's minimum wage will be going to $15/hr. I'm not really advocating that we drop minimum wage, but I don't think anyone is arguing that if we did, manufacturing would flock back to the US. I think Dusty's post was spot on, and I couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't know. I agree that this forum was designed to discuss Android, but when the OP specifically states "When you combine that with the higher cost of labor and shipping in the U.S., then the plant turns into a big money loser for the company.", you are bound to get conversations such as this. And, I'm always up for a good discussion as long as both sides are keeping an open mind and nobody is getting nasty. We can always agree to disagree, right? :beer2:

4. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +554
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 7
    You're both right. This forum is for discussion period. As long as everyone follows the guidelines and has an informed polite discussion its fine.

Stay away from politics or religion as it will always cause a debate lol.

Keep up the chatter folks.

Sent from my DE Moto X

• Like Like x 2
Search tags for this page

moto x plant closure

moto x plant closure forum
motorola in austin texas
motorola screen repair