Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
great review.

can't wait for mine to come in on monday

also good to know it comes with GPS, big ol gps now to partner up with my Incredible :)

Mirodd

Reaction score
I bought mine today at Best Buy. I seriously have a love-hate (more hate) relationship with that place, but I don't want to rant, so I'll leave it at that. That said, I haven't turn it on yet--too much confusion in my house as the in-laws and other extended family dropped by while I was out buying the device; the wife didn't give me a heads up, but I'm trying to be polite, so no playing with it for the tonight. I will definitely give it a spin tomorrow.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
picked mine up today as well, tried it out. my Droid Global already rooted so no trouble tethering with the Xoom. setting up my office docs and im good to go....btw, can't beat the price of $400 +tax. how? cause my best buy silver premiere had a lot of rewards LOL. then go to Verizon to get the accessories for 25% off. life really is great...

Aloha from Hawaii...

droidxethan

Reaction score
ok i dont have a xoom but im really wanting to get one so with the wifi only xoom all you pay is the price for the xoom and no monthly bill right? im just wanting to make sure here

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
ok i dont have a xoom but im really wanting to get one so with the wifi only xoom all you pay is the price for the xoom and no monthly bill right? im just wanting to make sure here

correct, you're not attaching it to a data plan or anything just $599+tax.

Waiting for my Xoom on a Fedex truck as I type this. I'm so anxious for the doorbell:icon_ banana:

droidxethan

Reaction score

Waiting for my Xoom on a Fedex truck as I type this. I'm so anxious for the doorbell:icon_ banana:

ok thnak u for clearing that up for me just gotta save up a little bit more to get it :) i hope u get urs in the mail today i see that there is a one click root already out for it

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

ok thnak u for clearing that up for me just gotta save up a little bit more to get it :) i hope u get urs in the mail today i see that there is a one click root already out for it

it's out for delivery right now, Fedex doesn't usually show up til the afternoon here, it's only 12 -__-, i keep listening out for trucks like a dog LOL!

KeepInitReel

Reaction score

it's out for delivery right now, Fedex doesn't usually show up til the afternoon here, it's only 12 -__-, i keep listening out for trucks like a dog LOL!

Did you get your Xoom yet?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Did you get your Xoom yet?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Got my Xoom around 3 today. Been messing around with it for a bit and it's great. I really like 3.0, it's nice and smooth, but I did run into a couple of FCs.

I uploaded most of my media that I want on the device, now I gotta get some ebooks on it.

Any apps or things you guys recommend?

and it's a 10" Navi. I didn't know it came with a gps unit in it, this is crazy:icon_eek:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
so after a couple hours of use I'll do a mini review.

First off, this device is solid. You can tell by the weight this thing is solid and it feels really nice in your hands. It's a bit awkward for me to hold as it's my first tablet so I'm still not quite used to it. A little heavy since this is my first time really handling a tablet, but I'll get used to it eventually.

This thing is snappy. Very fast, but I did run into some FC problems, not too annoying and I expected it as well. Maps loads quickly, google earth runs great, and I've never seen a device load games so quickly, pretty amazing to me really.

The resolution: WOW! It's like looking at my Vaio PC. I personally think Sony makes on the of the best PC displays out right now, they have very nice high resolution screens and this tablet provides one of the best experiences. Video looks great, and the browser looks even better. Even apps like Angry Birds look great on this device. This walks all over my HP Mini 1000 netbook and HD video is so nice on this device as well.

There's alot to love about this device and I do, but i do find some problems. First, the SD expansion, I got a nice 32gb card waiting to be put in, but it's useless for now until the update, was hoping to fit alot of media on this thing as it's its main purpose. Second, no charge through USB, I was kinda surprised to find this out, considering how much time this device spent being plugged into my PC to transfer things over, it doesn't charge, I wonder if this could be changed in the future. Third, the charger. It doesn't go all the way in and I feel that it could break easily, it is after all a pretty slim piece of hardware that goes into the device. Hopefully there's a solution to charging through USB port in the future?

Biggest downside I have to say is there aren't enough tablet specific apps, i think i saw 50 "top tablet apps" for now, definitely not enough. I'm sure Google and developers will get on this soon enough, but I was hoping for at least in the hundreds by now....

Other then a few minor drawbacks I love this thing already. Android 3.0 is going to be a solid OS and I've already used this thing much more than I thought I would already. Hooking it up to the tv, taking my unwatched episodes anywhere I go, and even used it as a GPS unit today, even though I wasn't lost. I was very surprised to find out this thing had GPS capability and it is a darn nice unit as well.

Overall, this is definitely worth the money I spent. I can see myself using this for a long time and it's great on the times when I don't want to sit in front of the computer or if I'm on the road. It's easier to sit down with than a netbook and it's definitely much snappier than the one I got too.

Well made device Motorola and looking forward to future updates Google!