Motorola Wi-Fi XYBOARDs Finally Shipping

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
xyboard.jpeg

Motorola released their newest tablet on our network a few weeks back, and it seems they're finally ready to release the "unlock" Wi-Fi model to the world. Today Motorola started selling their Wi-Fi only 10.1 and 8.9 inch tablets. These tablets are being sold on Motorola's website only, and come in 16GB and 32GB versions. The prices are almost identical to that of the Galaxy Tab ranging from $599 for the 10 inch 32GB to $399 for the 16GB 8.9 inch model.

Motorola confirmed that the tablets are being shipped out now, so place your orders in before they sell out.

Check it out

Via: Androidcentral

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
About time. :)

The Galaxy tabs are to expansive IMO. So that makes these, especially the 8.9" too expensive.

However I do like the style of the xyboard over the Xoom.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'm still in love with the MeMo. $249 is such an amazing price.

BTW what's with the:

NANO-COATING: REPELS WATER—AND EVIL

Evil?

HMMM I can see it now...

Priest: My child you should not go in there! The devil has that poor soul in his hands. It's not safe for you!
Me: It's ok! I have a XYBOARD. The NANO-COATING will repel not only water, but evil as well!

THE POWER OF DROID COMPELS YOU!

Last edited:

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

BTW what's with the:

Evil?

HMMM I can see it now...

Priest: My child you should not go in there! The devil has that poor soul in his hands. It's not safe for you!
Me: It's ok! I have a XYBOARD. The NANO-COATING will repel not only water, but evil as well!

I was all in to buy one of these, then found out it doesn't include a SD card slot. Why would Motorola do that?!?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I was all in to buy one of these, then found out it doesn't include a SD card slot. Why would Motorola do that?!?

Probably assumes most stuff would be either internal or you'd use services like Google Music. HP did this with the touchpad by pushing cloud services.

The one thing that has me not liking the MeMo is that it lacks an FFC. It has a rear facing camera, but to me that's completely useless. Who wants to take pictures with a tablet? At least with an FFC you can video chat.

jrpbulk

Reaction score
when did you get the MeMo? Post pics

BTW what's with the:

Evil?

HMMM I can see it now...